Interesting Video Blue Lights (1 Viewer)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
How do you handle them

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=btRHvQEIkcU"]Blue Light Aware - YouTube[/ame]

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
All good, sensible advice. I wonder whether it has become too expensive now for these types of explanatory videos to be shown as 'public service announcements' as they used to be on TV. There used to be regular reminders about driving etiquette etc. at one time but not so much now. Hence the 'need for new police powers' to stop people hogging motorway lanes etc.

Wyn

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Good video Geo
The other day I was on a red light when an ambulance came up behind me siren and lights going. Have to be honest I didn't know what to legally do, I did pull past the light and let him squeeze through but according to the video I broke the law :Eeek: Just have to wait and see if I get a ticket now although I didn't go all the way over just enough to let him through.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
I can't imagine any action would be taken against anyone moving forward at a red light to allow emergeny vehicles through, that would be a bit harsh and counter-productive. Obviously you would have to do so with extreme caution but that applies to ambulances which do not have the right to pass red lights but if they choose to do so it must be carried out at the cognisance of the crew and they have to be prepared to defend their actions. As long as not done wantonly it is unlikely that any action will follow.

I'd certainly like to think so.

Wyn

LARRY99

LIFE MEMBER
May 27, 2011
South wales
Funster No
MH
C class Rv/ Dethleff
Exp
Ages
Ok, all emergency vehicles are legally allowed to go through a red light, providing the the have their blue lights and sirens on, however the driver of the emergency vehicle has to treat the red light as a give way sign,ie traffic coming through on green has priority, (but most drivers will on seeing the emergency vehicle will slow and allow them through) if a driver of the emergency vehicle collides with you then he/ she will always be at fault, they then have to stop, go to the vehicle that they hit , give his name , and provided that there is no injuries is then allowed to leave the seen and carry on to the emergency, and all drivers of emergency vehicles will have been trained up to advanced driving standards. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back