Interesting reply from Hymer today (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
ahh - I’ve just found a DVD player built into the back of the tv!
I’m searching for a male loom plug that this socket fits I don’t suppose you have come across one in your van?
6E61D5A0-6D62-4FCF-9EF2-D2F76611CAF7.jpeg
A6BD65CA-DD2B-40C9-8D13-7BB68EC0A189.jpeg

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I had a good look through the wiring today but didn't see anything like that
Thanks mate I have now found an alternative connection lead that will fit the ISO plug and it accommodates steering wheel controls and should connect to the RAD 01 As well I’ll post details if it works🤞🤞🤞😊

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Update:
well I have finally got the pioneer working through the Schaudt RAD 01 adaptor and all three cameras working and switchable through the three way rocker switch. Basically left all of the Zenec loom in place disconnected from radio adaptor.
have discovered that the cable plug to the adaptor has become very sloppy fit and makes poor connections due to it being dangle at the end of the cables with no support so am devising a way of fixing it in a better position, also need to play around with the speakers as sound is not so good.🙄

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Update:
well I have finally got the pioneer working through the Schaudt RAD 01 adaptor and all three cameras working and switchable through the three way rocker switch. Basically left all of the Zenec loom in place disconnected from radio adaptor.
have discovered that the cable plug to the adaptor has become very sloppy fit and makes poor connections due to it being dangle at the end of the cables with no support so am devising a way of fixing it in a better position, also need to play around with the speakers as sound is not so good.🙄
Good news ...

Can I ask where your Schaudt RAD 01 is located? I must have one as I have the instruction leaflet for it in the book pack that came with Exsis, also I have the cab/hab battery switch over for powering the Zenec.

I couldn't find the Rad 01 in the dashboard. I'm wondering if the Kamera connection pins would be a suitable power pickup point for a dashcam. That is, if it's not already in use for the three way camera switch.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
Good news ...

Can I ask where your Schaudt RAD 01 is located? I must have one as I have the instruction leaflet for it in the book pack that came with Exsis, also I have the cab/hab battery switch over for powering the Zenec.

I couldn't find the Rad 01 in the dashboard. I'm wondering if the Kamera connection pins would be a suitable power pickup point for a dashcam. That is, if it's not already in use for the three way camera switch.
It was in the dash dropped down below the radio I’m not very impressed as it was dangling by the cable and the plug is really sloppy causing problems, last week I contacted Schaudt who told me to contact Hymer re the problem and also to find out if I can get a replacement no reply as of today.
The camera controller is a Camos box it’s situated in front left panel over wheel arch with lots of other cables, we have three cameras connected and there is a connection for a fourth.
I have to say Hymer don’t make it easy to trace anything and are reluctant to tell where it all goes.😊

May 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
Carthago
It was in the dash dropped down below the radio I’m not very impressed as it was dangling by the cable and the plug is really sloppy causing problems, last week I contacted Schaudt who told me to contact Hymer re the problem and also to find out if I can get a replacement no reply as of today.
The camera controller is a Camos box it’s situated in front left panel over wheel arch with lots of other cables, we have three cameras connected and there is a connection for a fourth.
I have to say Hymer don’t make it easy to trace anything and are reluctant to tell where it all goes.😊

I'll have to delve around for Rad01 box - everything is just stuffed in there.

Interesting re the Camos box - I quite fancy adding a front facing camera in the grill for parking in very tight spaces as I still can't quite judge where the front is.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'll have to delve around for Rad01 box - everything is just stuffed in there
Yes ours was like a rats nest cables everywhere and not particularly connected and tied neatly it appears Hymer auto electricians are a bit rough?🤔

Apr 26, 2019
Lightwater, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B674 SL
Exp
Since 2013
I'm embarking on an audio upgrade in my Hymer B674, so this thread (and your other one, Al) are both very helpful - thanks!

I'd like to replace the Zenec E3756 with a Kenwood head unit - Speve, could you provide more details on how you wired in your Pioneer with the Schaudt box? Like you, I only want to replace the Zenec if I can keep the camera and battery switches working on the switch panel.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
I'm embarking on an audio upgrade in my Hymer B674, so this thread (and your other one, Al) are both very helpful - thanks!

I'd like to replace the Zenec E3756 with a Kenwood head unit - Speve, could you provide more details on how you wired in your Pioneer with the Schaudt box? Like you, I only want to replace the Zenec if I can keep the camera and battery switches working on the switch panel.
Quite simple in the end just need to connect camera signal wire to new radio however on connecting the pioneer I discovered that only the grey waste camera worked in colour and the rear view and reverse cameras were black and white I could not get good pictures from either so in the end abandoned the pioneer.
a point worth noting is that the Schaudt RAD-01 adaptor was playing up and after a lot of checking found it was due to it just hanging on its wiring connector which had made most of the pins loose and making poor connections, I contacted a dealer to see if I could get a new adaptor they wanted £180 so I have tightened all the pins and strapped up the cable and Adaptor so that it’s not relying on the cable to support it.
I have now reverted back to the Zenec head unit and have good colour on all cameras and the radio is working fine except for the Caratec DSP which I have disconnected.
sorry for long winded explanation but it appears that the problems I blamed on radio were not correct it was the faulty connections on the Radio adaptor and faulty Caratec DSP?🙄
So if I were you I’d check those items out first before swapping out radio?😊
If you do swap radio you will need a new steering wheel control adaptor for your Kenwood as they are all different.👍

Apr 26, 2019
Lightwater, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B674 SL
Exp
Since 2013
OK thanks....I haven't even looked behind the head unit or dash yet to see the wiring, but there must be a Schaudt box to deal with the switching panel. The TV audio doesn't go through the speakers, which i think is a feature of the Hymer 'multimedia pack' on my model, so I don't think there will be a Caratec DSP.

Anyway, just to be clear, you're saying that your Pioneer simply plugged into an ISO connector block behind the dash, replacing the Zenec connection? The switching for leisure battery / vehicle battery still worked, and all you had to do was take a video connection from the Schaudt to the head unit for the camera?

Interesting about the B&W camera views on the Pioneer - presumably a limitation of that head unit, or signal compatibility issue?

I will certainly look out for the Schaudt unit mounting and cables, and fix these up if necessary. The reason for swapping the radio is to get Apple Carplay. I could swap to Zenec E3766 with Carplay which would be simple as all the connections are the same, but the Kenwood unit (DMX9720XDS) looks much nicer and has wireless Carplay.

OP
OP
Speve
Jul 29, 2013
Salisbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL A class
Exp
since 2011
OK thanks....I haven't even looked behind the head unit or dash yet to see the wiring, but there must be a Schaudt box to deal with the switching panel. The TV audio doesn't go through the speakers, which i think is a feature of the Hymer 'multimedia pack' on my model, so I don't think there will be a Caratec DSP.

Anyway, just to be clear, you're saying that your Pioneer simply plugged into an ISO connector block behind the dash, replacing the Zenec connection? The switching for leisure battery / vehicle battery still worked, and all you had to do was take a video connection from the Schaudt to the head unit for the camera?

Interesting about the B&W camera views on the Pioneer - presumably a limitation of that head unit, or signal compatibility issue?

I will certainly look out for the Schaudt unit mounting and cables, and fix these up if necessary. The reason for swapping the radio is to get Apple Carplay. I could swap to Zenec E3766 with Carplay which would be simple as all the connections are the same, but the Kenwood unit (DMX9720XDS) looks much nicer and has wireless Carplay.
when I ordered the pioneer it came with a partial loom and ISO connector however I needed an extra piece of loom to enable the steering wheel controls to be connected into it I bought them from www.dynamicsounds.co.uk they have a good selection of fitting kits and leads etc.
I only had to detach camera signal wire from Zenec and reconnect to pioneer apart from that everything goes through the Schaudt RAD-01 radio adaptor and works fine.
Worth pointing out that the Zenec has a separate plug that takes several cables inc GPS cable the Pioneer did not have that as I didn’t want the navigation extras all I wanted was a radio with CD player and DAB.😊
if you have the Caratec DSP ours was in the passenger side behind side panelling under the little storage compartment if you lift out the bottom of that you can just about get at it, the reason I discovered it was faulty we had suddenly lost TV sound through the habitation speakers and it controls all of them.🤔

Apr 26, 2019
Lightwater, Surrey
Funster No
MH
Hymer B674 SL
Exp
Since 2013
Many thanks Alan, I think I'll take the plunge and order the Kenwood, in which case this information will be most helpful.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back