Interesting people you have met motorhoming. (1 Viewer)

Glandwr

Banned
Jul 10, 2014
the Berwyn Mountains
Funster No
MH
Hymer S740
Exp
since 2009
Spent a 3 day Christmas with this couple on a Sosta in Italy about 5 yrs ago. We were the only ones on it. They had been everywhere. Across Russia from Europe to the Pacific. Alaska to Chile etc. They were entertaining but somewhat eccentric :D. A huge 4x4 pickup with camper box on top. The actual living space was really small though. The 4 of us couldn't really fit in at the same time. Kept in touch for a while, wife still makes one of Monica's cake recipes.

Dick

Euro330

Banned
Aug 16, 2019
Carnoustie
Funster No
MH
Bailey Advance 640
Exp
About 5years
Just a few weeks ago was at Inver Mill CP, Dunkeld.
An elderly couple parked up next to us with a 125cc scooter on the back of their Bessacar.
I got speaking to him over next couple of days, and one of the conversations was he asked if i could recommend some place to eat. I suggested Dunkeld Golf club who have been trying to drum up trade. I gave directions which would have involved him crossing the busy A9 with his wife as pillion.
He was`nt very keen on that, so he decided to leave that suggestion.
Me assuming he was an elderly frail kinda gent, not used to riding 2 wheels went on to give a bit of advise riding motorcycles on A9 and that i was an x Police biker, having ridden motorbikes for over 40yrs.
Transpired he was Bill Wilkinson Scottish Six Days Trials (Fort William) Greeves motorcyles, winner on several occasions amongst other motorcycling claims to fame and had been on bikes since he was a twinkle in an eye.
One of, if not the most difficult motorcyle trials events in the world.
He regularly gets invited to the event for the presentations.
Very interesting man and a true gent.
Never assume!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back