Interesting day out in Belarus. Diesel prices snakes and Chinese tourists (1 Viewer)

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
We are in Poland and availed ourselves of the visa free access to Belarus ( on bikes ) through the primeval forest.
Our first concern was the Polish border guard happily wishing us good luck as we went over to the other side. The Belarus guy was just as miserable as we expected.

After 25 km of cycling on tarmac roads through the forest we came to a small town( as far as we were allowed to go) It was a dour drab place with a shop and small car boot sale.

We turned round and went to a cafe at the entrance to the forest. No internet. No google translate. Only Russian spoken No idea what to order and ended up with a nice meal for 2 pounds each.

Diesel was 50 p a litre. No wonder the Germans enjoy motorhoming in Belarus.

While at the cafe, which to us was as remote as you may want to get, two minibusses turned up with......Chinese tourists. Cameras out. Selfies. More pictures.

From there we went to meet Father Frost at a rather nice place ( for kids ) in the middle of the forest. Anyway he was very nice and gave us a present. The only bad thing about this fairy tale land was the real life snakes slithering around.

All a bit biizarre but I have two questions.

How do you drive in a country when you have absolutely no idea what ANY signs say?

Is there ANY place on earth safe from selfie taking Chinese tourists?

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can't understand why a selfie is always taken at an angle of around 45 degrees
Is it to make the viewer think you have very tall friends.

And why do young women suck their cheeks in so they look like Auschwitz survivers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
When at Plitvice lakes I punched a Chinese tour guide in the guts when he rested himself on the back of my wheelchair tipping me over....:boxing:

All over Croatia they were like ants.....o_O

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Chinese Japanese or any other nationals I have no problem with.....it's the selfie phenomena that winds me up.
Its the I LOVE MYSELF SYNDROME,,:D:D,,BUSBY.

P Jones

Free Member
Apr 15, 2017
Retford
Funster No
MH
ci carioca 694
Exp
We are in Poland and availed ourselves of the visa free access to Belarus ( on bikes ) through the primeval forest.
Our first concern was the Polish border guard happily wishing us good luck as we went over to the other side. The Belarus guy was just as miserable as we expected.

After 25 km of cycling on tarmac roads through the forest we came to a small town( as far as we were allowed to go) It was a dour drab place with a shop and small car boot sale.

We turned round and went to a cafe at the entrance to the forest. No internet. No google translate. Only Russian spoken No idea what to order and ended up with a nice meal for 2 pounds each.

Diesel was 50 p a litre. No wonder the Germans enjoy motorhoming in Belarus.

While at the cafe, which to us was as remote as you may want to get, two minibusses turned up with......Chinese tourists. Cameras out. Selfies. More pictures.

From there we went to meet Father Frost at a rather nice place ( for kids ) in the middle of the forest. Anyway he was very nice and gave us a present. The only bad thing about this fairy tale land was the real life snakes slithering around.

All a bit biizarre but I have two questions.

How do you drive in a country when you have absolutely no idea what ANY signs say?

Is there ANY place on earth safe from selfie taking Chinese tourists?
yes try CADER IDRIS. =CORRIS UCHAF for a start.barr ing in mind. the sheep dont mind ps.
take your wellys, ok pj

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Completely stupid people taking pictures of themselves. Don't they know what they look like. The only selfie I have taken is for my passport.
I recall one spot with a beautiful view, and a fat tourist was taking a picture of it totally obscured by his ugly mug and those of his grossly obese wife and daughter. I really can't see the point.

Aug 18, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
I'm a newbie
I was in the services on the m5 in a the ladies when the door to cubicle opened and 3 Chinese ladies took selfies with one of them perched on the throne, unbelievable ?
Have absolutely no time for them, they have zero interest in anybody other than themselves.

OP
OP
billym
Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
So, no photos of your adventurous jaunt then? :)

Bit late. We have lost a lot of pictures but here are a few.
IMG-20190720-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0005.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0009.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0007.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0011.jpg

IMG-20190720-WA0003.jpg

20180918_132436.jpg

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
Happens all the time. No manners whatsoever and no sense of personal space. They simply push you out of the way to get their shot.
Tbf they probably only have 10 minutes to see the whole city before they are on the coach to the next box to be ticked. Their tours seem particularly manic.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
Tbf they probably only have 10 minutes to see the whole city before they are on the coach to the next box to be ticked. Their tours seem particularly manic.
Doesn’t excuse bad manners though

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp

I once did a "tour of Scotland" with a coach party of Chinese. I picked them up in Glasgow 10.30 am on Saturday, overnighted at Inverness and dropped them at 2.30 p.m. on Sunday in Edinburgh! The tour guide had to keep waking them up to see the sights as we flashed past them!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back