Interesting CC Wardens (2 Viewers)

Deleted User
Sorry, badly worded.

I wouldn't find fault with it if it was voluntary.

As it stands it's a rule imposed without anyone apparently being able or willing to explain why that particular number was chosen. Nobody is even prepared to hazard a guess and some of the cheerleaders appear angry that I'm daring to question it.

I find that very odd.

I find lots of things very odd(life the universe and everything)........I put it down to my advancing age and infirmity:)

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
With all the problems of the world and more particularly why members of Team GB keep coming 4th, I am surprised that you have bothered to keep this thread running for so long.

Someone has made a club rule, no one knows why or to achieve what. Some of you love the club, some of you hate it. Either way none of you is forced to use the club facilities and risk being branded for a gap of 5.99 instead of 6 so pour another glass of chilled red and plan your next trip (acid or otherwise).

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Who wants to talk about grey water?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Chilled red?????? Are you trying to start yet another argument?? :D

Lighter bodied reds take chilling very well. You should try it, it's the future (y)

Obviously don't try it with your last remaining bottle of 1947 Chateau Lafite (y)

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
Lighter bodied reds take chilling very well. You should try it, it's the future (y)

Obviously don't try it with your last remaining bottle of 1947 Chateau Lafite (y)
You are at it again aren't you? :D

P.S. I have been chilling light reds for over 25 years, especially good for summer drinking. But don't tell anybody ;) Does that mean I am trend setter?

Lot lover

Free Member
May 13, 2016
Lot, France
Funster No
MH
Le Voyageur Integral
Exp
New boy
Chilling is one of the first lessons you learn when you move to somewhere that is hot in the summer.

Deleted User
Cheap red plonk in bars in Spain invariably comes out of the chiller, not just light reds that take to chillin':)

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
OMG, OMG, OMG.

After reading this thread (I love a good Funster Fight when I don't care either way) and as I knew exactly where (one of) my tape measures was, I went out and checked...
20160812_095305.jpg

We are only 3.86 metres apart... :whistle:

We either of us go to heaven?

JJ :cool:

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
image.jpg
Better safe than sorry wouldn't want to be to near if your neighbour caught fire. Plenty of images on t'internet!

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
Are any of the 6m rule mob at Malvern ? They are all parked on long dry grass here with charcoal bbqs everywhere, with the wind here fire would take them all out 6m or not.

Nov 3, 2013
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato Auto Wildax
Exp
C/van since '73 .M/h.2009
OMG, OMG, OMG.

After reading this thread (I love a good Funster Fight when I don't care either way) and as I knew exactly where (one of) my tape measures was, I went out and checked...
View attachment 119773

Hi.
Better chance than most,if your a Catholic...
Tea Bag. (like wot i am..'Ish)

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
View attachment 119774 Better safe than sorry wouldn't want to be to near if your neighbour caught fire. Plenty of images on t'internet!

If it one got going that well 6 metres wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, the next one would go up as well. You would need to be 20 metres minimum to be sure

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
If it one got going that well 6 metres wouldn't make a blind bit of difference, the next one would go up as well. You would need to be 20 metres minimum to be sure
At 6 metres you would have time to drive away,,at your favoured distance i.e.. very close together your van would be in flames before you got your keys in the ignition...BUSBY.

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
At 6 metres you would have time to drive away,,at your favoured distance i.e.. very close together your van would be in flames before you got your keys in the ignition...BUSBY.

If you happened to be in or near your van at the time and didn't have anything like an awning set up then possibly yes.

If you happened to be elsewhere then bye bye van.

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
If you happened to be in or near your van at the time and didn't have anything like an awning set up then possibly yes.

Is black white???

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
OMG, OMG, OMG.

View attachment 119773

Frankie's parked perfectly by the peg, but the other MH is way off I'm afraid. :)

MHs.jpg

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009

Nick I think that the 6 metre rule especially applies at night when people are asleep in their van they have time to escape before and when the fire took hold ,if you were out you would be safe anyway .
It's about saving life's not nit picking.
I only entered this discussion because I realise the CC staff have a difficult job enforcing what people deem to be stupid rules,they are not and save lives . After sleeping on the overcrowded aire at Arramanche this summer I vowed never to be on such a crowded space again. Then heard about Broadway.
@NickNic we disagree and so be it !!

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
I've read some of this, not all. We are members of c&cc but..... On one of our trips to Folkstone to the tunnel we took a wrong turn and ended up at at a cc site. Where upon our exhaust blew.
Our crossing was booked in the morning.
The wardens didn't care what time it was they just wanted us sorted. I wish I knew their names so I could give them a huge thanks. They had friends of friends, sorted, and we got the tunnel.
Everything is coloured by our experiences.

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
OMG what, when, where,?is everyone ok?
This photo was just a random off the internet . But it did happen at Broadway last week all save but vans a right off I think. Try not to worry.

Reactions: kcy

Deleted User

Have you tested that 20m would be sufficient or have other scientific proof.

Please do not pick arbitrary figures out of the air:)

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Oh I love this site!!! You answer a thread and then realised the subject has totally change.:rofl:

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Have you tested that 20m would be sufficient or have other scientific proof.

Please do not pick arbitrary figures out of the air:)

I'll bet you a tenner my arbitrary figure is safer than yours. :D

Anyway, that's why I said 20m minimum I have no idea whether 20m would be far enough but I'm certain 6m isn't. (y)

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
I'll bet you a tenner my arbitrary figure is safer than yours. :D

Anyway, that's why I said 20m minimum I have no idea whether 20m would be far enough but I'm certain 6m isn't. (y)

I think one van per site is the maximum for absolute safety. Well you would be safe from having NIC NIC as a neighbour:D:D:D

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back