Interesting BBC Travel Show - Palencia (1 Viewer)

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
The latest edition of the BBC Travel Show is from Northern Spain and is very interesting. It comes from the Palencia region, which is roughly between Santander and Valladolid. There is a town called Palencia but it is the remote villages and their unrestored churches which the programme covers, plus a wolf hunt in what I think is the Fuentes Carrionas natural park.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b08p0z6z/the-travel-show-170-spain
Worth a look and if anyone has any inside information, please share. :)

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
Looks ideal for anyone searching for wild, rugged and unspoilt spots. Shouldn't think there are many McDs close by!
Definitely worth a look-see next time I''m down that way on a pilgrimage :)
Thanks

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Palencia itself is one our favourite stops on the way South and on the way back.
Nice friendly town that is very Spanish where families all turn out in the evening for a wander up and down the main traffic free shopping street.
Plenty of nice restaurants and the aire is excellent. Nice big marked bays and plenty of them but if they are all full there is plenty of other spaces in the car park and nobody minds. The only slight niggle is that the drive over grey water drain is too short for a 9m van, but a bucket soon sorts that out.

Deleted User
I managed to download it using Tunelbear, sometimes it does not work first time and occasionally I have to delete history and cookies.

Reactions: DBK

jumartoo

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 19, 2015
Alhama de Murcia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Well it took longer to get it than to watch it!

It's interesting because we've just come back from a trip to the Palencia region and wondered why so many small places have recently opened motorhome parking. Obviously trying to encourage visitors in all ways possible. It's good for us!

I did a thread about our trip some of which is in the Palencia region and on the Canal de Castilla.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/burgohondo-and-beyond.150355/

OP
OP
DBK

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
Well it took longer to get it than to watch it!

It's interesting because we've just come back from a trip to the Palencia region and wondered why so many small places have recently opened motorhome parking. Obviously trying to encourage visitors in all ways possible. It's good for us!

I did a thread about our trip some of which is in the Palencia region and on the Canal de Castilla.

http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/burgohondo-and-beyond.150355/
Thanks for the reminder about your thread, just been looking through it again. By a weird coincidence my brother will have just arrived at Santander today on the ferry from Plymouth. He is heading for the Extremadura but on the way is going to stop at the campsite at Cervera de Pisuerga, which is a little north west of Aguilar de Campoo.

Feb 14, 2009
Chandlers Ford, Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Burstner TD700 H L
Exp
Since 2008
We watched and found it interesting with the churches and wolves...I wouldn't recommend driving in the dark through the mountains without lights on just to see a wolve in the middle of the night...scary :mad:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Reactions: DBK

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back