Intelsat 907 help PLEASE! Where is the damn thing? ? (1 Viewer)

VG9683

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi all, new but experienced member here. We have an Oyster 2 system with an Icecrypt box (we know the implication and legalities ?) and this year cannot find Intelsat 907.
Last year we searched Hispasat and then found Intelsat from there but this year we just can’t seem to lock on.
We think it could be the LNB that’s not quite right - is there anyone currently using Intelsat 907 that could send a photo of the LNB position? (We have it at around 5 o’clock and tried variations of that with no success)

Also if there is anyone using Intelsat 907 in Spain, your (very approximate ?) location and azimuth/ elevation (or even how many clicks) would be really helpful! We are vaguely near Tortosa but heading south.

We have currently spent about 2 hours a day for the last week trying to find the flipping thing and it’s driving us mad! We are the type who don’t like to give in..... ?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I’m using the same set up as you, although I’ve automated mine so have a twin LNB feeding my Sky system (left hand LNB) and right hand LNB for Icecrypt and this is the position of my LNB. I then use DiSEqC to switch between LNB’s depending on which channel I select and if Icecrypt then the Oyster moves to Hispasat and I then do five clicks left and 2 clicks up. I have just tried it now and can confirm it’s still working, although I’m currently in the UK, I haven’t changed the skew since leaving Portugal but the clicks are the same.

48A9ECA5-BA51-4E39-9EC5-0A1D5F75D5B5.jpeg

DF89364F-8336-49E2-9CF1-AD34F2806977.jpeg

2734310D-9A12-4848-A65E-03051875A261.jpeg

12917ABA-7052-4E21-BEFB-9CFBEBEC4EDC.jpeg

David

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Attachments

• B045E495-84FC-4C42-9C0F-38D46D6261A1.jpeg
    B045E495-84FC-4C42-9C0F-38D46D6261A1.jpeg
    74 KB · Views: 21
  • B7CB7069-4872-4277-96F6-75CFE8A590FB.jpeg
    B7CB7069-4872-4277-96F6-75CFE8A590FB.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
V

VG9683

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you for your helpful reply. Just checking when you say 5 clicks left, is that the left (-) button on remote or right (+) button? It depends which way you are looking at the dish!

We have tried pretty much every variation of roughly the right location, and twiddling the LMB but just can’t find it.

We had it last year using the same process so it’s really annoying us now. We know there is no issue with the LNB because it works on Astra

Thanks massively for any help.

OP
OP
V

VG9683

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi VG,

It can be a right pain as the Vision II cannot see Intelsat directly.
Try using this website www.dishpointer.com which will give you the elevation, azimuth and skew

I’ve tried 3 apps! We are pretty sure the dish is in the right direction, then we’ve tried moving it a little bit either way and up and down whilst twiddling the LNB....

OP
OP
V

VG9683

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Also David, are you saying you had it in Portugal and are able to pick it up in the U.K. using the same settings and skew etc?

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
Does your Oyster system lock onto Hispasat ok? If so then you have the skew correct.

The left button and I adjusted LNB slightly but not much.

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
The "sat finder" apps get you in the general direction, but are NEVER as accurate as required for total alignment.
So do not rely totally on apps...
Use a signal meter at least, and best is get to 30 west (double check you are using an active frequency, as many have closed down on 30west recently : https://www.lyngsat.com/Hispasat-30W-4-30W-5.html) , and the it is easy from there...

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Note that changes are afoot for I907...

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We had the same problem this year and couldn't find Hipisat, eventually realised the transponder codes have changed. We rang Oyster Sat Tech +44 1858 575928 and they talked us through it. All working fine now in Spain.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
I’ve tried 3 apps! We are pretty sure the dish is in the right direction, then we’ve tried moving it a little bit either way and up and down whilst twiddling the LNB....

Ok well my advice would be the following:

Firstly make sure that you have the LNB set correctly. Astra 2 in Spain (depending on location) is around -25 degrees which, as you are looking at the dish with the LNB arm coming towards you would mean that the cable comes out at around 7-8 oclock.
Intelsat 907 and Hispasat require the LNB to be turned so that they the opposite side of 6pm at around +25 degrees so instead of the cable coming out between 7 and 8 oclock it would need turning so that the cable comes out at around 4-5 oclock.
Next put the system on a direct search for Hispasat by doing the following:

1, Turn system on
2, Press tick to display "main menu"
3, Press tick to display "settings"
4, Scroll right once to "sat settings"
5, Press tick to display "search satellite"
6, Press tick to display current default satellite
7, Scroll across until Hispasat is displayed
8, Press tick to store and return to "search satellite"
9, Press on/off button to return to "main menu"
10, Scroll across to "automatic search"
11, Press tick to start the search

The system should now do a fresh search and lock to Hispasat.
Note: If it doesn't lock then you may need to contact us in order to check the current Hispasat frequencies programmed into your system.

Once locked the control unit will display "satellite mode"
To move from Hispasat to Intelsat 907 you will have to access the manual search function by following the instructions below........

1, Scroll until "manual search" is displayed
2, Press tick to display "left/right"
3, Using the arrows move the dish left 4/5 clicks
Note: When I say left I mean that the LNB has to move left in the sky from where it is currently pointing. Be careful because that doesn't necessarily mean you use the left arrow.
4, Bring the signal test up on the receiver being used and you should see at least a little signal now.
5, Move the Oyster left and right until the signal is as high as it will go
6, Press the left arrow and the tick together to change from left/right to down/up
7, Move the Oyster using the arrows until the signal is as high as it will go
8, Press the left arrow and the tick together to change from down/up to left/right again
9, Move the Oyster using the arrows until the signal is as high as it will go
10, Press tick to store the position

As long as the receiver is set up correctly and has the right permissions then you should now receiver a picture.

Any problems please give me a call in the office on 01858575928

OP
OP
V

VG9683

Free Member
Oct 9, 2019
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
SUCCESS! ? Thank you so much to those who responded, and massive thanks to Anthony at OysterTech for the call. For info, our Hispasat frequency was correct, our LNB is now between 4 and 5 o’clock (more towards 4 in fact) and we actually found Intelsat at 12 clicks to the left - our click setting is at 1 so maybe this was some of the issue as 6 clicks at click setting 2 would the same I guess.

Anyway, thank you very much for taking the time to respond- what a lovely bunch you are ??

Jun 6, 2012
Leeds
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2012
If you look at my skew (right hand LNB) it’s between 4 and 5 and that’s in the UK and signal strength is 90 and quality 70. ?

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Quite a while.....though not long enough
Hi,

Had a very brief look at manually finding Intelsat 907 this morning, but as we're moving on in an hour or so I didn't stress too much, bit couldnt find it (found Hispasat after manually skewing the LNB to about 5pm).

As our system is the older Oyster Digital CI, all our commands are on on the TV Display, and the Icecrypt menu is on the same TV but on a different source, so I can see it being a bit fiddly.

As such, I'm presuming if I use the Sat Finder App on my mobile, and simply add or subtract the differences in Azimuth and Elevation between Hispasat and Intelsat 907, That this should get me as near as damn it? I'm asking as the left right up down is all countrolled using the volume on the remote, so the "X amount of clicks" method for the Vision System may not be the same as in mine.

Anyone else using the same system as ours for Intelsat?

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
This is turning into a bit of a nightmare due to the age and setup of our system.

Could someone answer me this simple question please, as the clicks "left right up down" do not work for me, I think I know now the LNB is going left (or a clockwise dish movement), but regarding the slight elevation change from Hispasat to Intelsat, does the dish want to be moved to lean back more towards the sky or lowered more parallel to the Van roof?

Thanks in advance.

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
Hi
The dish need to turn anti clock 2.5 degrees. I use dishpointer.com for skew info and general direction. Once you have a signal displayed on the screen via the decrypt, you can make minor twicks up down left right to get the best signal. At least 45%.

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Hi, thanks for the info.

Spoke to Anthony at Oyster Sat Tech earlier, the problem was it won't work using the throughput of the Oyster Box on my system, a quick rewire once locked to Hispasat so as to bypass the Oyster Box completely and we found it at the first attempt. Seems a good signal at 90% and 73% on quality.

THANKS again Anthony for the help / info

Last edited:
Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
This may sound a funny one, as it doesn't seem to happen when the main program is on, but the frame rate seems to drop (stutter / slowmo almost) when the adverts are on.

Is that just me?

(I was looking forwards to the Xmas adverts, lol)

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Sorted (for info, it was the Avtex not liking the 60hz output of the Icecrypt - set it to 50 and it's fine)

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
a quick rewire once locked to Hispasat so as to bypass the Oyster Box completely and we found it at the first attempt. Seems a good signal at 90%
Interested in this thread.
What was involved in the quick rewire.
Am I correct in thinking, you connect the coaxial cable from the LNB direct to the receiver?
Frank

Feb 2, 2009
North West
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Hi Frank,

Leave it as is to locate Hispasat, then once happy that it is locked to Hispasat, remove the coax in that goes to the Oyster Box, and put this direct to your Icecrypt box. I then went 6 clicks on the volume up button to rotate (Azimuth) the dish counter clockwise, and a couple of clicks up on the elevation also (as in to lay the dish back a touch)

This might be different on different models, but that's how mine worked.

Portland

Free Member
Oct 31, 2013
Conwy
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
20 years
I haven't read all the posts so this may have been said. If your dish self seeks Intel sat but won't lock on try this as it works for me.
Don't switch on tv.
Activate on Astra 2.
When locked on, swap satellite to Intel sat.
Active.
It should then find it.
Turn TV on.
Good luck

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
Ok well my advice would be the following:

Firstly make sure that you have the LNB set correctly. Astra 2 in Spain (depending on location) is around -25 degrees which, as you are looking at the dish with the LNB arm coming towards you would mean that the cable comes out at around 7-8 oclock.
Intelsat 907 and Hispasat require the LNB to be turned so that they the opposite side of 6pm at around +25 degrees so instead of the cable coming out between 7 and 8 oclock it would need turning so that the cable comes out at around 4-5 oclock.
Next put the system on a direct search for Hispasat by doing the following:

1, Turn system on
2, Press tick to display "main menu"
3, Press tick to display "settings"
4, Scroll right once to "sat settings"
5, Press tick to display "search satellite"
6, Press tick to display current default satellite
7, Scroll across until Hispasat is displayed
8, Press tick to store and return to "search satellite"
9, Press on/off button to return to "main menu"
10, Scroll across to "automatic search"
11, Press tick to start the search

The system should now do a fresh search and lock to Hispasat.
Note: If it doesn't lock then you may need to contact us in order to check the current Hispasat frequencies programmed into your system.

Once locked the control unit will display "satellite mode"
To move from Hispasat to Intelsat 907 you will have to access the manual search function by following the instructions below........

1, Scroll until "manual search" is displayed
2, Press tick to display "left/right"
3, Using the arrows move the dish left 4/5 clicks
Note: When I say left I mean that the LNB has to move left in the sky from where it is currently pointing. Be careful because that doesn't necessarily mean you use the left arrow.
4, Bring the signal test up on the receiver being used and you should see at least a little signal now.
5, Move the Oyster left and right until the signal is as high as it will go
6, Press the left arrow and the tick together to change from left/right to down/up
7, Move the Oyster using the arrows until the signal is as high as it will go
8, Press the left arrow and the tick together to change from down/up to left/right again
9, Move the Oyster using the arrows until the signal is as high as it will go
10, Press tick to store the position

As long as the receiver is set up correctly and has the right permissions then you should now receiver a picture.

Any problems please give me a call in the office on 01858575928
? Is it possible to do the 'Manual 5 clicks left and 2 clicks up/down on an Avtext Oyster'? if not what mods are needed please>

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
? Is it possible to do the 'Manual 5 clicks left and 2 clicks up/down on an Avtext Oyster'? if not what mods are needed please>

Aug 17, 2011
Wrexham
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Arapaho
Exp
since 2005
Don't know about Avtext oyster, but you do need an icecrpyt 1600 receiver.

Anthony OysterTech

Oyster Satellite and Wifi Technical Service
Jan 25, 2017
Welford
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
Since 2008
Good morning,

The Oyster Premium system is a little more involved but that particular system will already have the ability to lock on to Intelsat 907 automatically. The problem comes because the Avtex TV cannot handle the high symbol rate of 44100 which is transmitted so you have to manually add the satellite into the TV without actually adding any channels. Once 907 is added you would need to go into TV setup and change the default satellite the Avtex is set to and then the dish will move. You would still require an external receiver in order to view the programming though.

Leisure man

Free Member
Feb 19, 2018
Funster No
Thanks Antony, will give it a try. Full marks to you and Oyster for brilliant service.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back