Intelligent Charger Recommdations (1 Viewer)

jo10000_6

Free Member
Dec 21, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 Classic
Exp
Jan 2018
Hi All

I'm looking for a reasonable priced multi stage intelligent charger that has been tried and approved by the funster community.

I currently have a Torq multistage intelligent one from B and Q and I just get the feeling it's struggling with the my leisure battery.

I want to be comfortable to leave on a slow deep re-charge and be comfortable I'm not cooking it.

Thanks
Jo

Jan 28, 2017
New Zealand
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
Exp
I have been using a Genius 7200 on my AGM batteries and am impressed with it. It came in a 240 volt model and even does lithium batteries. Only 7.5 amps and 265ah limit. Oh and it does 24volt also.

Upvote 0
Apr 27, 2016
Manchester
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer
Exp
Since the 80s
It depends on exactly what type of battery you want to recharge. For classic lead-acid wet-cell batteries, open or sealed, any automatic 3-stage charger will do the job. For gel or AGM types, a slightly different charging cycle is required, and many modern chargers have gel and/or AGM settings.

For wet-cell lead-acid batteries, the charging current (amps) should be limited to no more than a fifth of the battery charge capacity in amp-hours. For example, for a 100Ah battery, keep the charging current to 20 amps or less.

There's no minimum charge current. A lower current charger will fill the battery just as effectively, but will simply take longer. And once it goes into trickle charge/maintenance mode, it is just the same as a higher current charger.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
We've got a CTEK one and it seems to do the job. As mentioned, you just need to ensure whatever model you choose is suited to your batteries - or batteries you might change to in the future.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back