Intel sat box (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
To many to mention
Can anyone let me know where I can purchase a satellite receiver box for Intel sat. I have a satellite system with screw and previously had an Icecrypt box which is now faulty and I need a replacement but I believe the company went out of business.

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Can anyone let me know where I can purchase a satellite receiver box for Intel sat. I have a satellite system with screw and previously had an Icecrypt box which is now faulty and I need a replacement but I believe the company went out of business.
Put a wanted thread on here as there may be some kicking about as Funsters swap over to data streaming rather than satellite.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
i thought intelsat was a satellite in the sky not a satellite system on your van. do you have photos of what you have or need?

lots of receivers on ebay should be able to pick up intel sat - though i understand it has just been moved?

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
Most "generic" boxes will pick up signals from all satellites.
But if you want one specifically for Intelsat 901 (that replace I907 earlier this month) at 27.5w to hack into the not for public siganls for the 10 uk tv channels used for Freeview transmitter backup, then you need very specific receivers that are able to handle the non standard symbol rate, and allow you to "patch" the receiver with custom firmware, and enter the BISS code. Icecrypt were the ones, until the went bust and stopped producing them. Some people use a GI box (no idea what model through), but I used to use a version of the technomate 5402 m3

May 21, 2016
Algarve & North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
This 230volt box will do what you want. <Broken link removed>
Its a bit long in the tooth now though. No support for a about three years. Last Phantom patch 146 dated 1/11/2016.

MisterB

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 25, 2018
Essex
Funster No
MH
Adria 670 SLT
Exp
enough to know i shouldnt touch things i know nothing about ....
Perhaps you might be so kind as to let the rest of us know? ?

Ian

world-of-satellite.co.uk might be able to help?

not sure who Edenside purchased theirs from but WOS are pretty good ....

Spanishfly

Free Member
May 15, 2020
Somewhere in Spain!
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2018
Hi Guys First post so sorry if I get it wrong! Re: Sat receiver for Intelsat 901. I have bought but not received yet a Comag HD45 box at a cost of £89 plus post, setup with all biss keys for Intelsat 901. I have also found and bought the same box from www.comag.de for 27 euros plus post BUT not with the Biss Keys installed. Anyone have any info where I can download the "patch" for this box to be able to insert Biss key? My only other option is to hope I can transfer the software from one box to the other?

Spanishfly

Free Member
May 15, 2020
Somewhere in Spain!
Funster No
MH
Ace Siena
Exp
Since 2018
Thanks for the info' will give it a try. I think this box is also sold under different badges so maybe have to open it up to look at mother board? - Stay safe!

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
afternoon all I have a Icecypt box, the only problem is it will not work with my Oyster twin LMB, the oyster controller has two coax fittings and works fine.
the idea of having the icecypt box was for when I'm down at the middle or bottom of Spain so I can pick up Intelsat 901, anyone have any idea of the best way forward please.
Regards Ray

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
afternoon all I have a Icecypt box, the only problem is it will not work with my Oyster twin LMB, the oyster controller has two coax fittings and works fine.
the idea of having the icecypt box was for when I'm down at the middle or bottom of Spain so I can pick up Intelsat 901, anyone have any idea of the best way forward please.
Regards Ray
Is your Oyster a Vision 2 or 3 model ? If it the earlier Vision 2 you won't have Intelsat 901 on it memory and I believe the only way is to manually align the dish to 901 by asking it to find Hispasat @30W which is very close to 901@27.5 W .
If its a vision 3 model or the later Oyster V and Intelsat 901 isn't already on the list of satellite's all ready preinstalled it can be added
Pretty sure your dish needs to have the autoskew option as well

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
As I purchased it second hand I’m not sure of the version it is but it has the autoskew option.
many thanks for your replay
Ray

Oct 26, 2014
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Pilote P696GJ
Exp
As I purchased it second hand I’m not sure of the version it is but it has the autoskew option.
many thanks for your replay
Ray
if you speak to Oyster UK they are pretty helpful and if you have the serial number of the unit they will be able to tell you more

Jun 22, 2012
Ebbw Vale Gwent
Funster No
MH
Rapido 9048df A class
Exp
seven
I Neil have the 80cm Oyster HDTV system and the controller and receiver are all in one Listed as 2013 and on

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back