Insuring new van .........HOW MUCH !!!! (1 Viewer)

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
:imoutahere:

1D985642-80BD-44D5-A403-2F9004DE6105.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
OK then, I have discovered that I WILL be charged more for living in Bristol :eek: (the Post Code lottery!).

This amounts to a loading of around 30% to 50% compared to some more 'rural' places. As for C&CC ........ well they just quoted an eye watering price in excess of £1250 :eek::eek:

NFU sit in the middle but seem nice people to deal with.

Oh well, another few hours of endless phone calls .......... :(

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
So to close this thread up........

I insured with NFU in the end. First class service and really nice team of people in my local (Wrington) branch. They are very practical and understanding and tailored the policy to my exact needs. Probably cost me an extra £100 to £150 more than some of the others but I am happy to spend the extra with a company that feels ‘right’ (y)

I’m very happy and thanks everyone for your valued input :):)

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User

I insured with NFU in the end. First class service and really nice team of people in my local (Wrington) branch. They are very practical and understanding and tailored the policy to my exact needs. Probably cost me an extra £100 to £150 more than some of the others but I am happy to spend the extra with a company that feels ‘right’ (y)

Glad you chose NFU
We’ve had our business insurance with them for 25 years, cars and vans more recently

You just need to make the right choice of gas bottles now

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Happy that you're happy. I'd always rather deal with a company with whom I feel happy, even if they're not the cheapest. Has always worked for me in the past.

adt

Mar 28, 2016
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Nuevo
Exp
Since 2016
Just got a rough quote ourselves today for a Hymer Duomobil going full time from Comfort. £1800 :eek:. I had factored £1200-1500.

Jan 31, 2016
Halifax
Funster No
MH
A Class Rapido 9097F
Exp
June 2016
I personally don't think that the primary reason for getting a motorhome security system fitted is discount, but as Tesco's say "Every little helps"

The insurers wax and wane with discounts and it is hard to keep track on who's offering what, but currently Caravan Guard for example are offering 19% discount for a Van Bitz system

https://www.caravanguard.co.uk/motorhome-insurance/motorhome-security.php
Eddie you need to explain to Caravan Guard that a Growler is an upgraded Strikeback as when I spoke to them they initially did not apply the discount as never heard if the alarm. Maybe was the person I spoke to. However in the end went with Comfort.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
@Chockswahay is today the day for yor new van did I miss that?!(y)
I'm pretty sure it is today ... no doubt he's have a play with all the twiddly bits and knobs and reminiscing about flying his big planes! :D2

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
I'm pretty sure it is today ... no doubt he's have a play with all the twiddly bits and knobs and reminiscing about flying his big planes! :D2
I thought he said Monday ! Waiting for photos! ( I’m excited for him!!)

OP
OP
C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Oh just remembered this thread! Well we have moved temporarily to Cornwall and NFU refunded over 50% of the premium we paid!

Nice! :D2:D2:D2

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Oh just remembered this thread! Well we have moved temporarily to Cornwall and NFU refunded over 50% of the premium we paid!

Now I know why my Flair is so cheap, indeed I am embarrassed to even quote it on here

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp

They eat car thieves down there. :) But car theft is very rare in South Devon too, it made the front page of the local paper where we used to live in Kingsbridge. But when I parked our van in a secure storage place for a few months while we had builders in, the insurance went up - all down to the post code - too close to the urban jungle of Plymouth.
Which I suspect is inhabited by saints compared to Bristol. :)

Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
I ve heard c&mh club will replace like for like <2 years old. We pay £380 for 2 year old swift valued at 50k 5000 miles per year through adrian flux

Dec 16, 2017
Almuñécar, Spain
Funster No
MH
Low Profile - Globebus T7

To cut a long story short while we in Bristol I came off a company car scheme and had therefore'lost' my NCB. NFU were the only company to recognise that I hadn't had a claim in 15 years and granted a discount. IMO a fair and decent company.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
As its new they will replace with a new van. If you're fulltiming try AIB in southampton. They do a proper fulltimers policy.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Sound like you are telling them too much! At the time you take out the insurance you ARE a pilot ... stop telling them about what you're 'going' to do rather than what you are currently doing ... and only let them have the info they need, nothing more.

They do state that you have to advise them of change in circumstances.

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
May have missed it in earlier posts, sorry if I have but

Do NFU do Green Cards (for Morocco) and how much do they charge?

Feb 20, 2017
Kent
Funster No
MH
Bailey 75-2
Exp
Tugger now Motorhome
Try Advance 01249 461665 they use Ageas Insurance - gave me a competitive quote after SAGE told me to f%&k off by increasing my premium by 33% in one year despite no claims in my first year with them.

Insurance on Motorhome - add that to the list of things that need reviewing every renewal.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back