Insuring french registered motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Lucky

Free Member
Nov 9, 2019
Limousin France & Yorkshire UK
Funster No
MH
Sunlight Cliff 600XV
Exp
Since 2016
A long shot but I'm looking for recommendations of insurers / brokers to cover a french registered motorhome. I ask because I'm a new expat still finding my feet.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
A long shot but I'm looking for recommendations of insurers / brokers to cover a french registered motorhome. I ask because I'm a new expat still finding my feet.
We are insured with MAAF and very happy with them . They are non profit company . We have everything with them , house , car , van , motorbike and classic car . Had a busted wing mirror in Scotland and were asked to deal with headquarters in Nantes as they have all language agents to deal with all countries other than France .

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
And I am at MACIF. Been with them since I was 18y and now 61! If anything goes wrong in front of my house door.... no problem they send a mechanic and/or a truck to take the car or the MoHo to the garage I name.

If there are details on their contracts (MAAF or AXA or whoever) you don't get, give a shout on here , I'll translate or explain you

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
And I am at MACIF. Been with them since I was 18y and now 61! If anything goes wrong in front of my house door.... no problem they send a mechanic and/or a truck to take the car or the MoHo to the garage I name.

If there are details on their contracts (MAAF or AXA or whoever) you don't get, give a shout on here , I'll translate or explain you
In our club hereMAAF and MACIF seem to be the most popular

MEK

Free Member
Jun 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Another one for Macif, we were with AXA but they are agents and they put us with a useless insurer

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Another one for Macif, we were with AXA but they are agents and they put us with a useless insurer
News to me . Large insurance company?

Axa S.A. is a French multinational insurance firm. The head office is in the 8th arrondissement of Paris. It also provides investment management and other financial services.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axa

I'm with AXA here in spain.

MEK

Free Member
Jun 25, 2021
Funster No
MH
Carthago A class
Yes but in France the few local AXA offices to us seek an insurance company to insure you. They are also banks. The one they found us was cheaper than most but you soon found out why, their after care service was very slow. We changed after the second year to Macif who we found cheaper and with better cover. AXA in France use Franchisees to run under the AXA umbrella.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back