May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
We winter in Spain usually Jan to beginning of April around 90 days.:thumb:
However my insurance only covers us to leave it vacated for 60 days.:Eeek:
A CC Warden mentioned that as long as we have someone check the house periodicly it's OK. My son checks the mail weekly so does that a count??:thanks2:

peter marshall

Free Member
Mar 5, 2009
Cleveleys,Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Line
Exp
9 Years
We winter in Spain usually Jan to beginning of April around 90 days.:thumb:
However my insurance only covers us to leave it vacated for 60 days.:Eeek:
A CC Warden mentioned that as long as we have someone check the house periodicly it's OK. My son checks the mail weekly so does that a count??:thanks2:

Hi
I was told someone had to sleep over at least one night, then the 60 days start again, this was with Saga, when I asked him how did I prove that his reply was I didn't need to ?, like yourselves our daughter checks at least once a week, we chanced it on a 4 month trip but last time it was 6 month so lynn made me swop to comfort who kicked our backsides for premium, it didn't help use living on a supposed flood plain ie the Fylde coast. Pete :cry:

Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
Whenever we have been away for periods around 90 days I have contacted the insurance company (Aviva) and paid an extra premium of around £60 to extend cover for up to 120 days. They said this was required even though we had next door neighbors checking the house every day and my son staying weekends.
They said we would have been covered but not for fire/theft/flood or malicious damage otherwise - don't know what else there would have been to cover:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back