INSURANCE (1 Viewer)

tony dellar

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
Hi all . Does anyone know about MH insurance for abroad all year round ? I have tryd a few places and they only seem to want to entertain 90 days at a time ? Any help would be much appreciated . Thanks T .

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
:pink:
Most of the Motorhome insurers give 365 day cover Comfort, Safeguard etc., but they they do have limits of total time abroad as over that it is counted as fulltiming. Comfort do full time policies 2 or 3 times the cost of a normal policy.

OP
OP
T

tony dellar

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
Thanks Lenny . I am keeping the van down in Greece to live in whilst I am not house sitting I just wanted something to show the cops if I was doing a drive around to keep the brakes etc from seizing up like my poor old knees !

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Caravan & Motorhome Club standard policy covers for 270 days \ year but you may be able to get this extended to 365 days. You have to be a member to get insurance through them which adds around £50 to the cost though.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Thanks Lenny . I am keeping the van down in Greece to live in whilst I am not house sitting I just wanted something to show the cops if I was doing a drive around to keep the brakes etc from seizing up like my poor old knees !
Do you plan to bring the van back for an MOT if so how long will you stay in the UK.

Martin

OP
OP
T

tony dellar

Free Member
Sep 12, 2017
Funster No
No I don't think so , the van is down here for the duration if I move back to the UK I will cross that bridge when I come to it ! Its my first MH but I have to say I,ve caught the bug these things are,nt a vehicle they are a love affair !
I will do a bit of island hopping before the mot n insurance runs out .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
No I don't think so , the van is down here for the duration if I move back to the UK I will cross that bridge when I come to it ! Its my first MH but I have to say I,ve caught the bug these things are,nt a vehicle they are a love affair !
I will do a bit of island hopping before the mot n insurance runs out .
Unfortunately to be legal anywhere in the EU it has to be legal in the country of registration. So UK tax,mot & insurance.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back