Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
We had a quote from Caravan Guard which we found acceptable and asked them to hold that quote until we were sure about when we would be collecting the vehicle.

This morning we visited a secure storage site nr Cardiff which has a Gold Cassoa (Caravan Storage Site Owners) award for storage and was harder to get into than Fort Knox.

This afternoon we rang Caravan Guard to activate the insurance-they asked about where the vehicle would be kept and immediately added £100 because of the Post Code of the storage site !! They didn't know the site or the award.

We then rang Saga-they knew of the site and it's award and quoted £100 less !! Who do you think we went with?::bigsmile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
And there in lies the fun with insurance.

Our very first MH insurance halved when we moved the van into storage, still horendiously expensive as we found out as the second insurer loaded the insurance because the van wasn't on the drive, but was still cheaper than the first, fun and games eh?

Upvote 0
Feb 18, 2009
Guisborough North Yorkshi
Funster No
MH
Malibu T410
Exp
Since August 2008
We were with Saga last year and they charged us £60 extra when we put our van in storage, with a Gold member, then £16 when we moved it ( Same Postcode) They blamed it on the Underwriters then on renewal this year they refused to match a cheaper quote. Seems they all only want the business one year.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

geoff1947

Free Member
May 20, 2008
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
10 yrs
Post code lottery

My car insurance premium increased when I informed them of a change of residence when I moved into a military barrack from my civilian home. The insurers stated it was because my postcode was in a "High Risk Crime Area" When I told them that my car was parked in a military camp with had armed sentries on the entrance gates and very little or no car theft, they scratched their head and ""SORRY COMPUTER SAYS NO"" (Little Britian, for those who don't get it I had to pay!! There is no common sence chip in a computer and operators don't have the ability (Or authority) to change things so we have to pay. Unfortunately!!:cry:

Upvote 0

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Insurance

Sometimes going through a broker pays off! I have been driving for many years now, with mostly a good record, and in a huge variety of vehicles. When renewal comes up, they fight my corner with the insurers to reduce the premium, as they have a record of my driving history, and I have yet to beat their price using price comparison websites! :thumb:

S.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
There is no common sence chip in a computer and operators don't have the ability (Or authority) to change things so we have to pay. Unfortunately!!:cry:

This is common in life today. We live by statistics. Don't blame the computer or it's programmer in this case, some statistician has laid down the rules.

More annoying is medicine. I went for a voluntary check up a year ago, not seen a doc for years. Came back with you are over weight and you cholesterol is a bit high so we'll put you on XXXXXXXX. "Get knotted" I said politely I'll try and sort this, I'll be back in 6 months. 6 months later, a stone lighter, cholesterol in limits ( just ), "Well if we draw a graph you might have a stroke in the future so we'll put you on statins". Another polite "Get knotted". I am not a statistic, I am me and I feel fine and work harder now than 30 years ago. So I continue pill free.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back