Insurance Quote - Interesting Definition of Usage (3 Viewers)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Just had my insurance renewal quote. What you think, sounds like value again to me :)

Interesting terminology on usage and their take on full timing too. Not that I full time, or manage 8 months away a year unfortunately :(

Based on your current information, we have offered your Renewal at a premium of £323.01 for your Motorhome insurance policy.

This is based on yourself only to drive for a 12 month Comprehensive policy based on your Fiat Autotrail Dakota

Key points of the policy is:
* £200 Damage Excess
* Windscreen cover up to £3000 (Subject to £75 Excess
* Caravan and Camping personal effects up to £3000
* Trailer Cover provided up to £3000
* Includes Legal Expenses Cover
* Unlimited 365 Day Green Card Cover
* Cover for Awnings, Generators and Gas Explosion
* Annual Mileage Based on 4000 Per Year
* Full UK/EU RAC Breakdown Cover Included

Policy States:
Long Term Touring and Full Timing
Use of Your Motor Caravan for eight months or more (whether as a single trip or a series of trips) in any one year will be treated (and rated) as long-term touring. If, in addition, you sell or let your UK property you will be treated (and rated) as full-timing. Please refer to the policy conditions on Page 31 for more details.

Long Term Touring & Full Timing
16. This policy is subject to the following conditions:
Policyholders must maintain a full UK residence, either through ownership or long term rental agreement (of at least 9 months) unless a full-timing rate has been agreed and paid.
The address shown on the Schedule must be the one at which the policyholder is on the electoral roll, (unless a full-timing rate has been agreed and paid) and also the one that appears on the driving licence and vehicle documentation.
The motor caravan must at all times have a valid MOT certificate (unless not required due to age of the vehicle) and current UK road fund licence & tax disc.
Should a copy of a utility bill (as evidence of residence at the address) be requested at any time (inception, mid-term, renewal, in the event of a claim) then one must be provided.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
From Oct you cant comply as the tax disc is defunct
#Next!!!
They do seem to be nailing down the Full timers don't they

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Well if theyre full timing and only doing 4000 miles in a year it doesn't seem worth while.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

gabby

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
since 2007
Seems a good deal, who are you with if you don't mind me asking .

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
I'm not full timing at all, so 4000 miles is almost spot on for me. I would, of course, info my insurance company should I go over. Better safe than sorry!! :)

I only posted the definition as a means of showing other Funsters what some insurance companies are quoting for usage (y)

I have been using The Insurance Factory. It's odviously a Brooker but the Motorcaravan Gold+ policy comes through with Aviva, so a reputable company :)

I did use Go Compare, but none of the quotes were as good. Some were slightly cheaper in price, but missed all the extras by a Country Mile, esp the full European breakdown cover and full Green Card too :clap:

BreweryDave

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2011
Alvor, Algarve
Funster No
MH
None now!
Exp
That's the same policy that I have - aviva Motorcaravan gold - through comfort though - and the FT premium
Was paid as we don't have an address. £895 but can't complain.

OP
OP
PP Bear

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
That's the same policy that I have - aviva Motorcaravan gold - through comfort though - and the FT premium
Was paid as we don't have an address. £895 but can't complain.
Thanks for that, I was wondering what the cost would be for full timing and no address. I don't think it's actually that expensive for what it is :)

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Sorry but I think its quite expensive -

and.................. you dont seem to have any "contents cover" only caravan and camping contents - perhaps this needs checking or you need some other contents cover on top

Jun 14, 2014
Coventry
Funster No
MH
IH N680CFL
Exp
Since2014
Almost the same as my quote. Similar wording and price. Mine has 10k miles. Hope that's enough:smiley:

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
Sorry but I think its quite expensive -

and.................. you dont seem to have any "contents cover" only caravan and camping contents - perhaps this needs checking or you need some other contents cover on top
Fitted furniture & appliances would be part of the vehicle value.

As the OP is not full timing, they would have cover under the Personal Belongings or Specified Items sections of their house contents policy for things brought from home (clothes, camera, laptop etc).

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back