Insurance problems. (1 Viewer)

Nov 13, 2013
Bideford, Devon
Funster No
MH
Benimar Tessora 487
Exp
since 2011
Just a general point from recent experience. Had some serious damage to my A class when in collision with what we think was a wild boar on the way home from Wiltshire. Phoned the NFU, did the claim there and then on the phone, their engineer visited in 48 hours approved repairs and all was very easy and straightforward. Only problem being I couldn't claim my excess from anyone, I'd assumed the Boar was uninsured!

OP
OP
GWAYGWAY

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
The NFU also are willing to put my car on as well with a combined policy. Everything worked out well so I have a few months to go and have to renew it again Don't years go past very quickly, they never used to.

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
NFU in Chichester .. Our Laika is Insured with them and they didn't insist on an alarm or tracker. Would you really want it back if someone nicked it. They also offer new for old for the first year. We were quoted £750 for the alarm and £650 for the Tracker + the annual fee.

When we swapped MH's the Insurance ran out on the Pilote the day before we were due to swap. So I had a bit of a dilemma. Rang AIB who were very un-helpful as all I wanted was an extra day so I phoned NFU and they covered it FOC for one day .. They even sent me a cover note just in case.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back