Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Hi Jaygee,

That still shouldn't stop you making enquiries. You never know, someone may offer you even more!!!:thumb:

OP
OP
jaygee
Mar 21, 2009
Harwich, Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
4 years
did lots of research & getting quotes last year and Safeguard came up trumps not only on price but on what they covered which is why I went with them so would have been quite happy to renew with them expecting the price to go up but was a nice surprise when it didn't!
It's not always about the price although obviously it's an important factor:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philw111

Free Member
Mar 22, 2009
Moray Firth
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr 484
Exp
Since 2004
I got discount on my renewal price by adding OH as a named driver - she never drives it (says it's too big).:thumb:

Apr 29, 2012
Holmfirth
Funster No
MH
1990 Gulfstream RV
Exp
30yrs
I have come across that before.....putting your spouse/partner on actually drops the price.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Beware if you put another named driver on the insurance and they don't / won't drive the vehicle. If the main driver can't drive for any reason the vehicle won't be repatriated as there is a named driver to bring it home....... that could be why the cost goes down when you add another driver.

Personally I've never had a problem driving big vehicles. One of the things on my bucket list is to drive an HGV .... just the once and not far but just to "have a go", after all if I can drive a motorhome the size of a bus how hard can it be?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back