Insurance in the UK is more expensive for Left hand Drive Motorhomes (1 Viewer)

Paul1958

Free Member
Feb 25, 2018
Tavira, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Carthago
And me. Comfort said no difference in premium for LHD. I pay from memory £318pa for 8k miles full euro cover and breakdown. Not full time.

Ridgeway

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 10, 2012
Lausanne
Funster No
MH
NiBi Arto 85E
Exp
Since 2012
We also don't pay anymore for LHD:rolleyes:

Just wish our policies were as cheap as these mentioned here:(

If the side the wheel is on has any reliance to risk then it can only be calculated if the % driven in UK or Europe is known.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
I dream of paying only £300 Jon! I am going to follow this up as I need to find out why I am being loaded!

TBF you probably aren't going to get down to £300, Our value is lower and the shropshire post code will be in our favour.

I noted your response on the business issue but ( taking a bit of a guess that you are fielding business phone calls etc)I don't think you would need to pay for business cover on the mh for that. I'm no expert but I would expect business insurance relating to vehicles to be carriage of goods for hire or reward or travel for business purposes or maybe trading from it. You dont normally have business insurance on your home because you work from home some days.

I'm guessing a lot of the motorhomes you see these days behind show stands etc are not on business cover, although the ones that tow the trailer full of stock probably should be.

Jon

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back