Insurance in EU (1 Viewer)

Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
We're taking the Beast to France for the first time later this month. I'm insured with Comfort, and have just realised that although I'm insured for overseas travel, it's only at minimum legal requirements - ie third party.

I'll ring them to check what it costs to increase this to fully comp whilst away, but thought I'd see what others have done?

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Really? I thought they gave euro cover automatically. Some for 3 months max some for 12 months max. I think mine is 12 months but at a max of 3 months in any one trip.

I don't think I've come across one which doesnt come with fully comp for Europe so interested to hear how you get on when you call them. Might be something I have to look out for in the future.

OP
OP
E
Jan 19, 2012
Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
My mistake - was relying on general advice on a radio phone-in. Just checked policy to find it not only gives minimum reqts but also the full cover provided I'm not full-timing. And all for £230 a year - +1 for Comfort.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
any vehicle cover took out in any eu country as to cover for the full term the minimum cover in any other eu country.
always ask your insurers for at least a couple of copies of the international accident report form. .its a recognized form throughout the eu that cover all the language problems involved in accident forms .
its unfortunate that uk insurers dont like giving out green cards anymore as these also helped you if asked about your insurance . it was again a recognized format.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back