Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
We hope to visit Croatia at some point in the future and on another forum a person has asked a similar question as the one I have. I wonder if anyone can offer advice?

NFU don't provide fully comprehensive cover in Croatia and so insurance needs to be obtained from another provider. My question is does anyone know of an insurance company who will provide the necessary cover but doesn't stipulate that a tracker must be fitted?

Armytwowheels

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
We hope to visit Croatia at some point in the future and on another forum a person has asked a similar question as the one I have. I wonder if anyone can offer advice?

NFU don't provide fully comprehensive cover in Croatia and so insurance needs to be obtained from another provider. My question is does anyone know of an insurance company who will provide the necessary cover but doesn't stipulate that a tracker must be fitted?
We are insured with Safe Guard and we just asked for Croatia to be included, no problem they said, they also added Bulgaria, Serbia and Sloviena on. The only countries they said no to was Albania and Montenegro.

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Did they require you to fit a tracker?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
AIB cover Croatia as standard being an EU country.
I know because I checked before I went having heard these tales of exclusions from others.
No tracker needed

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Yes, its strange that Croatia is excluded by NFU. I believe its because they don't have an agent there.

It means getting cover elsewhere for that part of a trip difficult and expensive if they require a tracker.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Yes, its strange that Croatia is excluded by NFU. I believe its because they don't have an agent there.

It means getting cover elsewhere for that part of a trip difficult and expensive if they require a tracker.
Speaking to NFU they say that they don’t offer comprehensive cover in Croatia as they don’t have full support and recovery infrastructure there

OP
OP
Southdowners

Southdowners

Free Member
May 7, 2015
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Concorde Charisma
Exp
Since May 2015
Speaking to NFU they say that they don’t offer comprehensive cover in Croatia as they don’t have full support and recovery infrastructure there

They don't offer recovery though, so that doesn't make sense... I'm not suggesting you've got the info wrong by the way.

NFU are giving their customers a bit of a headache with regard to the Croatian cover. Some of the insurance companies who do offer cover don't offer insurance to higher value vehicles at all. Some will offer it but with a tracker. NFU don't stipulate that a tracker is required and are happy to insure on that basis.

Sadly Croatia may be off our list of places to visit. :(

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
They don't offer recovery though, so that doesn't make sense... I'm not suggesting you've got the info wrong by the way.

NFU are giving their customers a bit of a headache with regard to the Croatian cover. Some of the insurance companies who do offer cover don't offer insurance to higher value vehicles at all. Some will offer it but with a tracker. NFU don't stipulate that a tracker is required and are happy to insure on that basis.

Sadly Croatia may be off our list of places to visit. :(
We went there without realising that we didnt have full cover.
Like you, we shan't be returning any time soon.

Had looked at other insurers, however none seemed to offer comperable cover to NFU

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back