Insurance Help (1 Viewer)

Sep 2, 2021
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker RS
Exp
I’m a newbie
Hi there people I am brand new to Motorhoming and need to get some insurance. Does anybody have any suggestions please? 😀

jolly

Free Member
Aug 17, 2021
Funster No
MH
hymer
Exp
I am fairly new as well and Adrian flux was mentioned to me. Got through straight away and they did us a good deal a lot better than the few we rang up. Also got breakdown cover.

BishBosh

Free Member
Sep 1, 2019
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Upgrades!!! of course
Adrian Flux.
Having called 6 or 7 insurance companies all offering a similar quote, noticed your comment and they gave a better deal than the rest including breakdown cover. Adrian Flux it is then. ta.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
LV for us on our multicar policy but, watch windscreen excess if you have an A-Class. Also, personal effects cover is not as high as some others above. 👍

stevewagner

LIFE MEMBER
May 14, 2013
Pevensey Bay
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Yonks
Avoid anyone who is involved with Markerstudy. Had my motorbike stolen in February 2020 a s still waiting for the payout. Now have the ombudsman involved. Check out there feedback on Trustpilot.

May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
AIB often offer exactly the same Aviva policy as Comfort.
Mine is not with Aviva, as you say AIB "often offer" insurance with a choice of other policies/insurers too. Comfort only offered Aviva, which was a totally unacceptable policy and defeated the object of going through a broker.

Last edited:
May 8, 2016
silver coast, portugal
Funster No
MH
C Class: Low profile
Exp
Boatie for 20 years
Original post edited

A lot, it's with another insurer altogether because I have specific (personal and private) requirements.

Dec 10, 2020
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Adrian Flux, only taken out today. It has taken 3 attempts to get the cover note to reflect the correct info, as it is a new unregistered van I am insuring on the vin number. 1st certificate - no vin, 2nd incomplete vin, 3rd correct. Otherwise reasonable quote and breakdown cover.

Aug 12, 2021
Nantwitch Cheshire
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Flair
Exp
25years
Saga they also do the same deal for 3 years,there is also no ceiling price on a windscreen ours was over£3000 .

Apr 3, 2018
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
1995-2004 & 2017》
Been with Lifesure ( used to be MCIA Motor Caravan Insurance Agency) for 15 years or so...
Also got car with them and absolutely no hassle over 2 claims made with them.
FOOTNOTE:- year on year our renewal premium has come down...

Jun 28, 2018
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2018 with MH. Previous with camping and caravan.
LV for us on our multicar policy but, watch windscreen excess if you have an A-Class. Also, personal effects cover is not as high as some others above. 👍
I have had our MH insurance through the CMC for the last few years which has been a reasonable price, however my renewal just came through and had been hiked up by £80. Out of the 'kindness of their hearts' the broker managed to get me another quote which was only £60 more than previous. I have now gone to LV where I also have multi car policy and House insurance and they have quoted me just over half of the other quotes. I also got a quote from Highway which is owned by LV and that was back to silly money.
I think they just charge what they feel like so lets hope I don't need to make a claim!

Dec 13, 2019
Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2019
I have had our MH insurance through the CMC for the last few years which has been a reasonable price, however my renewal just came through and had been hiked up by £80. Out of the 'kindness of their hearts' the broker managed to get me another quote which was only £60 more than previous. I have now gone to LV where I also have multi car policy and House insurance and they have quoted me just over half of the other quotes. I also got a quote from Highway which is owned by LV and that was back to silly money.
I think they just charge what they feel like so lets hope I don't need to make a claim!
I had to make a claim on a windscreen for one of my cars with LV. It started off as a stone chip but, upon examination by the Autoglass technician, he said it was not possible to repair. He then continued by saying the Manufacturers OEM screen costs an absolute fortune and that I may not get one as there are cheaper alternatives available. He would report back to his depot. Anyway, not a lot happened for two weeks then I got a call saying it had been cleared by LV to fit the Mercedes OEM windscreen. The job was done a week later. Excess paid, job done! Second dealing was Mrs B's new car. Changed on the policy for a £15 admin fee plus the change in premium. Then, a week later, put the private registration on it, done in 10 minutes on the phone and no charge. As of yet, after two years with them, I cannot fault LV. 👍

Jun 28, 2018
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin 640SLB
Exp
Since 2018 with MH. Previous with camping and caravan.
I had to make a claim on a windscreen for one of my cars with LV. It started off as a stone chip but, upon examination by the Autoglass technician, he said it was not possible to repair. He then continued by saying the Manufacturers OEM screen costs an absolute fortune and that I may not get one as there are cheaper alternatives available. He would report back to his depot. Anyway, not a lot happened for two weeks then I got a call saying it had been cleared by LV to fit the Mercedes OEM windscreen. The job was done a week later. Excess paid, job done! Second dealing was Mrs B's new car. Changed on the policy for a £15 admin fee plus the change in premium. Then, a week later, put the private registration on it, done in 10 minutes on the phone and no charge. As of yet, after two years with them, I cannot fault LV. 👍
Thanks for that, its reassuring.

Sep 22, 2021
Funster No
MH
Looking and looking
Started calling about if this MH were buying goes through rang Saga 15 min wait 20 mins gave up onto Adrian Flux nearly fell of the chair rang NFU party poppers going off ,massive difference in price yet same requirements ok does help have 30yrs ncd,Remembered why i left AF yrs ago on trike insurance

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back