Insurance help - Van on the Road (1 Viewer)

jaller79

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Mecedes
Exp
I bought a Mercedes 316 and have converted the van and had it re classified as a motor home - I've move house and no longer able to keep the van on my drive - Just been made aware of this.

I can only keep my van on the road - Never knew of this clause

Anyone know of any insurers who can insure me and facilitate keeping my van on the road - until I move house again to one with a driveway.

Thanks

John Allerton

treetops1

Free Member
Feb 25, 2013
yorkshire/ lincolnshire.
Funster No
MH
Sold last van-
Exp
a long time,since 1996
Put it on your drive until you are made to remove it lol.Not sure its that easy to move you off your drive .that is usually a clause the original builder puts in but very rare they bother .

Nov 10, 2012
Lincolnshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
I'm not sure if their still going but Frank Pickles used to in sure my first van, parking on the road. The reason I stopped using them was, once I bought a new van they would only insure vans up to a certain price. They were a good company to deal with.
Good luck

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Safeguard told me recently that in their view there is no difference between keeping it on a drive or on the road outside your house... I keep my van mostly in secure storage but they said they don't mind if it's outside my house (on the road).

OP
OP
jaller79

jaller79

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Mecedes
Exp
Put it on your drive until you are made to remove it lol.Not sure its that easy to move you off your drive .that is usually a clause the original builder puts in but very rare they bother .
I have no drive at the new property - thanks

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I use Scenic insurance, they insure me with Motorhome parked on the road, it’s an AXA policy.

OP
OP
jaller79

jaller79

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Mecedes
Exp
Excuse my grammar - was rushed.

I bought a Mercedes 316 - and have converted the van and had it re classified as a motor home.

I've just moved house, the van was insured initially at the old property and parked on the driveway of the old house, the new house has no driveway.

I informed my insurer of the address change - my old insurer now says they will not insure me now the van is parked on the road. I've just been made aware of this - never knew of this clause.

Help - Does anyone know of any insurers who can insure me and facilitate keeping my van on the road.

Thanks

John

Feb 13, 2013
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Rapido 881F
Exp
Since 2015
Try caravan and motorhome club. It might impact your premiums depending on what your post code is. If you are not a member remember to add the club fee on as well to get the correct comparison rate.

OP
OP
jaller79

jaller79

Free Member
Mar 4, 2019
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion Mecedes
Exp
Try caravan and motorhome club. It might impact your premiums depending on what your post code is. If you are not a member remember to add the club fee on as well to get the correct comparison rate.

thanks I did and got a Quote for £617 with Breakdown -

May 28, 2016
stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
since 2000
always kept our vans on the road no drive never had any problems last insurance was with L.V. coverd just asked if on the road.....................Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back