Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Our 1991 MH (A-class) is currently insured through the CC, with Devitts. Has 9 months 'European cover' and no breakdown cover. (Got Adac, 79 euros p.a.). This year's cover was £205, plus the membership of CC obviously.

Have car covered by Saga - £144 f.c. with 12 months continental cover (no breakdown as all vehicles covered by Adac) - last year was the first time Saga came out best & cheapest.

Went to get an on-line quote from Saga for the MH after receiving much blurb from them since we insured the car with them, only to find their 'age of motorhome' only went back to 1994...

Has anyone got any actual examples/recommendations of comparable or better cover for a similar price - or less - offering 365 day Europe cover preferably? I'm looking for comparable cover/price without having to pay for CC membership to qualify - rather spend that 50 or so quid on something else!

Any ideas will be gratefully received ... :winky:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My RMB is a 1990 and am insured with Saga and have breakdown cover with them. I do have other vehicles insured with them including my boat so maybe they don't want to lose my custom.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Ta, I'll give Saga a ring - got car insured with them at the mo....

cmcardle75

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 8, 2012
Reading
Funster No
MH
Riot Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
Our 1991 MH (A-class) is currently insured through the CC, with Devitts. Has 9 months 'European cover' and no breakdown cover. (Got Adac, 79 euros p.a.). This year's cover was £205, plus the membership of CC obviously.

Have car covered by Saga - £144 f.c. with 12 months continental cover (no breakdown as all vehicles covered by Adac) - last year was the first time Saga came out best & cheapest.

Went to get an on-line quote from Saga for the MH after receiving much blurb from them since we insured the car with them, only to find their 'age of motorhome' only went back to 1994...

Has anyone got any actual examples/recommendations of comparable or better cover for a similar price - or less - offering 365 day Europe cover preferably? I'm looking for comparable cover/price without having to pay for CC membership to qualify - rather spend that 50 or so quid on something else!

Any ideas will be gratefully received ... :winky:

Mine's on a classic car policy from Highway. Yes, they do know it is a motorhome!

I doubt they would cover 365 days in Europe, though, and yours probably isn't old enough anyway. TBH, I doubt you'll get it much cheaper than you've managed anyway.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back