Insurance for 5th wheels (1 Viewer)

Jul 26, 2018
Louth Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
autotrail cheyenne
Exp
27 years
Tony and I have just purchased a 5th wheeler (not new) - does any one know of firms that do good deals for insurance ?? Any help would be appreciated

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Camptons did mine. Couldn't get a quote off my normal insurers.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
Another vote for Campton's, NFU would not quote 10 years ago, still with Campton's now we have the PVC

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
and another for camptons .
in the past have used coop insurance ,also norwich unuion private car club insurance .
was with saga but they stopped doing fivers .
i found when asking around nfu were expensive .
but its always worth making a few calls to see.

Nov 10, 2008
Forest Row, East Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
Been with Camptons for 10 years with our 5er and Navara, around £550/year FC inc. unlimited Euro travel, Social, domestic and pleasure only.
JK

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
I'm now full-timing in a fifth wheel. Not touring, moving only once per season, between summer and winter employment. Come insurance renewal time, Coast said no, Comfort said no, Camptons said no. Any clues to what I'm doing or saying wrong?

Deleted User
I'm now full-timing in a fifth wheel. Not touring, moving only once per season, between summer and winter employment. Come insurance renewal time, Coast said no, Comfort said no, Camptons said no. Any clues to what I'm doing or saying wrong?

Full timing?

May 5, 2015
Sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2010
i think most people know what full timing is, the suggestion is thats why they dont want to know.

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
Yes, full-timing means living full-time in a motorhome, campervan, caravan or in my case, a fifth wheel caravan.
Or did you mean...don't mention full-timing? That means I'd be buying a policy that would never pay out if I had to claim, as they'd invalidate it once the details came out.

Deleted User
Or did you mean...don't mention full-timing? That means I'd be buying a policy that would never pay out if I had to claim, as they'd invalidate it once the details came out.

I do know what full timing is, been doing it for 12 years, I meant to ask if you told them.

Too late now if you have told them you are full timing, very few will cover full timing in a motorhome, probably even less in a fiver.

We used our 5'er for 6 years touring, it now resides permanently on site in Portugal,was insured with Campton's, not insured now as it doesn't move but we had an address in the UK that we used for all official documents, presumably you have the same?

Jul 6, 2015
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 1995
I do know what full timing is, been doing it for 12 years, I meant to ask if you told them.

Too late now if you have told them you are full timing, very few will cover full timing in a motorhome, probably even less in a fiver.

We used our 5'er for 6 years touring, it now resides permanently on site in Portugal,was insured with Campton's, not insured now as it doesn't move but we had an address in the UK that we used for all official documents, presumably you have the same?
Yes, that's right. I'm OK with "self-insured", as we move only once each year and don't park under trees or leaning towers etc!! Common sense and self-reliance.
I think our 5'er will end up on a site in Portugal or Spain, but not just yet. Still got four years before I get pensions.

Jun 3, 2021
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am thinking of buying a fifth wheeler and would appreciate any comments/advise/ do's and don'ts ect.

Nov 4, 2011
Uk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I don't mean to hijack this thread but I am thinking of buying a fifth wheeler and would appreciate any comments/advise/ do's and don'ts ect.
Probably best to start a new thread, you may get more responses

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back