Insurance Dotting the "i" and Crossing the "t" (1 Viewer)

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi,

How far do you go when taking out insurance to ensure that they have recorded exactly the details you have given them, especially when there are modifications

Do you just verbally tell/explain to the person on the phone and take their verbal response as gospel.

Do you check all of your documents to ensure they have recorded everything you said about any changes etc. and what do you do if they haven't written it into your policy.

How would you stand if you had explained it verbally but didn't have any confirmation of it.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
I always ask for and ensure I get written confirmation, never give them a cop out .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I check the documents and, in the past, have requested changes to the documentation. We run our small business from our house so need that recording on the buildings & contents policy.

Last year when we changed insurer it wasn't on the paperwork we received so I rang up. It was recorded as a note on the insurer's computer system but the tick box which generates the wording on the policy schedule hadn't been ticked. They sorted it out with no bother but it's worth making sure.

Graham

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B

Braunston

Free Member
May 21, 2008
Funster No
Hi, Graham

Do you feel that its acceptable for them to just have a note on their computer, the reason I am sceptical is that i recently rang a company back in a similar situation to you and they said more or less the same thing "Its recorded on our computer" I asked them to read back to me exactly what they had recorded and guess what its was quiet different from what I had explained to them earlier when trying to get the quote,

That's one of the reasons for this thread, what is the best way, I totally agree with getting it in writing but sometimes its like pulling teeth, most of them seem to say NO PROBLEM with this or that, that's just standard under our policies, we don't write it on your policy as there is no need we have a note on our computer, etc etc etc.

Then you get the recorded message "Miss anything out and it may invalidate your insurance"

HELP.
Last year when we changed insurer it wasn't on the paperwork we received so I rang up. It was recorded as a note on the insurer's computer system but the tick box which generates the wording on the policy schedule hadn't been ticked. They sorted it out with no bother but it's worth making sure.

Graham

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
I always give as much as possible in writing and these days try and use email as they will generally email and answer back as a reply to your email - which then proves they have your email. Always read the insurance document and query anything that does not sound right - again by email quoting the exact words in the policy then with a bit of luck their interpretation will be replied on your email then in every case print the email and attach to your policy as a proper record.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back