Insurance changing annual mileage limits (1 Viewer)

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Cant see where anyon else has said it so here goes
Undervaluing ones vehicle to lesten the apparent risk is also a no no that may result in no payout at worst to an underinsured payment that wont be anywere near the 49k you thoght you were coverd for at best
You beat me to it .

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Doesn't seem to matter about the value anymore apparently now it is older, but I cant get AIB / Aviva to budge on the no further increase beyond 10K miles max, which will still not be enough for the Norway trip, as the AIB solution was to cancel current and renew policy 5 months early, but still with Aviva :mad::mad: I set to shopping around

AIB want £420 to start again with a new 12 month policy with 10K miles which will do including Norway as I intend to swap policies mid holiday, all arranged this week before I leave, but renewing early September, (can be arranged up to 30 days ahead) which will put me more or less at my 8K mileage limit

Comfort want £364 with £60K value to cover extras fitted and 10K miles but option to extend to unlimited mid term

Safegaurd tried a few times can't get through, could do on line enquiry but want to speak to someone really

NFU want nearly £500 o_O

So Comfort it will be renewing from early Sept

OP
OP
DavidG58
Feb 24, 2013
Bolsover, Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer S800
Exp
not long enough
Interesting twist in the tail to end this problem for me

Today started a brand new policy with a new broker, partly principle, but also £100 cheaper and annoyingly still with Aviva

So AIB are our 'current' insurers but can't increase the mileage on the policy to cover our Norway trip, I estimate we will get closer to the 8K limit than I want to risk early in September, so today took out a brand new policy on MH with Comfort starting on 1st September for 10K miles over 12 months from then, we will only use about 4K more getting back from Norway

Now in the back of my mind I know you can't doubly insure anything, technically the old AIB policy will run out at the mileage limit, which we be covered for a few days by 2 policies, but I begrudge risking a cancellation fee from AIB to end the policy early, so do not intend to say anything to them.

As Aviva are covering both policies they must know surely and I would know which policy to claim on if something happens, although if early September I might still try and put down to the old policy

Is this a jailable offence :)(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 19, 2013
Wells, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Elddis 115
Exp
since 2004
That, and the fact that when they sent me the renewal documentation, there was no mention of the Breakdown Plan when they quoted their figure. I consider that omission to be a deliberate misrepresentation and couched in order to await the phone call when they would have dropped it in my lap. Add to the Insurance the Breakdown element and their price, to include just 90 days away at a time and 8000 miles was not competitive.
Similar thing happened to me. We had been talking about Breakdown, but when the documentation arrived it was not included. By the time it was added, it was dearer than the company I had left. I thought it was a mistake, but reading that ...

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back