Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Presumably say France on foreign office list of only travel if essential any medical insurance would be invalid plus travel insurance for delay or cancellation but presume actual van still insured in event of theft, accident etc and breakdown insurance would still repair van or get you back home?

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years
billym My travel insurance is with Nationwide through my flex plus account, I rang them today to find out how my insurance worked if I travelled to a country that the FCO had recommended essential travel only, the answer was we would be fully covered as normal other than for Covid-19 related illness.

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
billym My travel insurance is with Nationwide through my flex plus account, I rang them today to find out how my insurance worked if I travelled to a country that the FCO had recommended essential travel only, the answer was we would be fully covered as normal other than for Covid-19 related illness.

Blimey. Thanks for that.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No

Being pedantic about insurance I rang them today and got the same answer!
So thanks for the info
Happy Days

OP
OP
Happy1

Happy1

Free Member
Jan 30, 2017
Wales
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
12 years
Thanks all, wonder what the quarantine rules will be when get to France now uk is on the naughty list

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now

Problem is, how does the Ins. Co. define something as Covid related ? It appears to me that many maladies could be laid at Covid's door in the event of a large claim from a hospital to the Insurance Co.

If you get CV_19 you might get a variety of symptoms, some of which might need medical attention.

So that's the bit I'd worry about, running up a big bill then the Insurance Co. doing everything they can to say it was because of CV_19. Maybe having a negative test would convince them ? But bet you one thing, they'll have loads more lawyers than you !

Oct 24, 2007
Funster No
Problem is, how does the Ins. Co. define something as Covid related ? It appears to me that many maladies could be laid at Covid's door in the event of a large claim from a hospital to the Insurance Co.

If you get CV_19 you might get a variety of symptoms, some of which might need medical attention.

So that's the bit I'd worry about, running up a big bill then the Insurance Co. doing everything they can to say it was because of CV_19. Maybe having a negative test would convince them ? But bet you one thing, they'll have loads more lawyers than you !

Good point.

Top Hat

Free Member
Apr 6, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
8years

I agree once you have had a positive test for Covit insurance companys will do as they they always have done look for links that may have contributed to another illness.
The best/only thing someone of my age can do is try to be as careful as possible to keep that positive test at arms length without letting it rule my life.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back