Discovered an easy trap to fall into today. Last year my insurance company quoted, I accepted and by default it was automatically renewed, all online. However, on checking my policy today, I noticed that the mileage on the schedule was lower than the earlier MOT mileage. The origin of the schedule mileage figure is a mystery, particularly as I wasn’t asked to provide it on renewal. If, like me your agreed mileage is looking a bit marginal, you could end up exceeding it. I asked the broker what would happen in the event of a claim and she said the underwriter would probably use the MOT data - no fault of the insured party but could end in the brown stuff!