Free Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
i am a newbie
I am on insulin and tablets for diabetes, and planning a trip through France to Spain, maybe taking up to 6 months, will I still be able to get my medication in these countries, and will I have to pay for it, ( it is free in the UK) ?

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
You will be able to get it, but you will have to pay something for it. Best to blag as much as you can out of your GP before you go. If you get it prescribed you should be able to reclaim some of the cost using your EHIC. A pharmacy will be able to sell you some if you can tell them exactly what you need but then you will have to pay the full price.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
GP'S are used to people going away for months at a time. Before you see him calculate exactly what you'll need for the time you're away. Hope you've got a big fridge!!!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
firebird123

firebird123

Free Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
i am a newbie
GP'S are used to people going away for months at a time. Before you see him calculate exactly what you'll need for the time you're away. Hope you've got a big fridge!!!
Is there a way of keeping insulin cool, a doctor once said use a vacuum flask ?.... don't want to depend on the fridge !

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
A vacuum flask will only work for a few hours, half a day at most. You need a 'fridge. But if it gets warm it doesn't go off, just shortens its shelf life and if this happened you could just buy some more but unless you were without a fridge for days this shouldn't be necessary.

OP
OP
firebird123

firebird123

Free Member
Nov 9, 2013
Mansfield
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
i am a newbie
A vacuum flask will only work for a few hours, half a day at most. You need a 'fridge. But if it gets warm it doesn't go off, just shortens its shelf life and if this happened you could just buy some more but unless you were without a fridge for days this shouldn't be necessary.
Thank you from such a knowledgeable friend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back