insulation (1 Viewer)

angus

Free Member
Oct 6, 2009
steeton west yorkshire
Funster No
Exp
7 months
hi iam seeking help about cab window insulation are they as good as people say and any one know best place to get one . must just tell you we have just done are first year motorholming and we love it wish we dont it years ago thank you.:thumb:

lufcdave7

Free Member
May 12, 2009
Rochdale
Funster No
Exp
1 year
hi iam seeking help about cab window insulation are they as good as people say and any one know best place to get one . must just tell you we have just done are first year motorholming and we love it wish we dont it years ago thank you.:thumb:
www.silverscreens.co.uk

They're better than people say they are, particularly the external ones. You will not believe the difference they make.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
do you mean the silver screens?

if so i believe the external ones are reported to be better than the internal ones, with regard to condensation. Internal ones tend to cause some condensation but are better perhaps if you wildcamp - if something feels not right you can get off without having to get out of van to remove external screen.

most accessory shops sell them or even ebay

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Hi Angus - I have just switched to exterior covers and have experienced no condensation so far.
I had problems with condensation with the interior screens & found problems getting then to stay fixed in the cold weather as the suckers became detached.:Smile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Hi Angus - I have just switched to exterior covers and have experienced no condensation so far.
I had problems with condensation with the interior screens & found problems getting then to stay fixed in the cold weather as the suckers became detached.:Smile:

That's more or less the same experience as we had. We used to use Fiamma internal screens but bought external ones (with the fold down flap) from Taylor Made at the Newark Show nearly two years ago.

Graham

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
Angus we have both sets.

We also have internal factory fitted blinds.

This is how it works. External blinds are ace, they keep you warm in winter, much warmer. No condensation at all. If you are getting a set then get a set that you can roll down in the day time to let light in to your van and look out of the front window.

Our internal factory fitted ones we use when we are staying on aires or wild camping. The reason is so that we can get off in a hurry should the need arise.

so if your feeling flush, get some reimis internals fitted and a set of externals for those cold winter times,:winky:

Fatalhud

Free Member
Nov 26, 2009
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
19 Years on and off
Hi
I recently bought a set from Silver product off Ebay
Top quality screens and service at a really good price:thumb::thumb:

Link Removed

Alan H

Jul 24, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1999
We had external ones on our Laika and we have both now we have the Frankia. To be honest I find the external ones messy to pack away, especially if it has been raining or snowing whereas the internal ones obviously remain clean and dry. The internal ones prevent about 95% of condensation even in the weather we've experience this winter. Our van is an A class which means we are sleeping next to the front windowscreen breathing more or less directly onto it.
The external screen came with the van but the internal ones are from Van Comfort at Retford. They were'nt cheap but well worth it.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Angus, we have both internal and external -- no condensation with external :thumb:
Link Removed
terry

AuldCodger

Free Member
Nov 25, 2009
?
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Yes external, we have been out and about all winter and when you put on the screens it is as if a switch has been turned on, the cab area is warmer right away.
Probably the only slight downside with the externals is in storing away when wet, but imho not an unsurmountable problem.
With patience we picked our up from ebay, brand new and a great saving :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back