dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
I waiting for my £200 excess to be returned from a no fault claim .
my insurance renewal came today its due 15 feb. its gone up from £270 to £450
had a quote from new company for £270.my question is can i change companies and will i lose the £200 .:Eeek:

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Yes you can change companies and yes, if you are entitled to £200.00 fom your present insurer then they have got to give it too you. Its a no brainer.
Jim

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thank you ,some one said in the pub that you could not change till your claim was completed in full .ie paid back and case closed .going to phone up on monday and cancel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
I waiting for my £200 excess to be returned from a no fault claim .
my insurance renewal came today its due 15 feb. its gone up from £270 to £450
had a quote from new company for £270.my question is can i change companies and will i lose the £200 .:Eeek:
You have my sympathy, all insurance has shot up this year, home and con tent doubled, shopped around and got it back down to last years price
Same here, American A class £525 to £795 still trawling:Doh:
G

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
car went up from £280 to £412 same company max no claims :Angry:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Hold your horses though!

It is possible that as they have not yet physically returned the Excess, they may have taken some of your NCD away from you, hence a bigger than acceptable rise in premium - so establish if this is the case before you take any decisions. The thing is, once they do refund the dosh and mark it as a closed 'not a fault' claim, they will reinstate your NCD back to the date of the accident and will refund any overpaid premium.

It is purely unfortunate when this happens but it is 100% 'correct' if you like.

If they haven't taken your NCD away from you and the premium is correct with your full NCD - then of course move it if they won't match what you've been quoted.

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
My son's car was legally parked in a side road in Wrexham, he was at a party, we got a phone call from the police at 11:30pm saying he had been involved in an accident.. panicks all round, wife hysterical. Then they clarified the situation, it was his vehicle, not him. Cut it short a minibus driver had rammed into his car causing injuries on board, the police wouldn't give us too many details. my son had his car repaired on the insurance with no fuss but when it came to insurance renewal his premium had nearly doubled. When queried the insurance company stated "if you are involved in a no fault claim, statistically you will have another one"!!. After challenging their price increase and threatening to go elsewhere they eventually reduced the price but he is 25 still trying to gain NCB's and that year he remained static (well no he didn't, he still had to pay an increase because of the general rise in insurance.)

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
thanks for all your advice :thumb:

normanandsue

Free Member
Dec 31, 2010
Dunfermline - Scotland
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
Since 2007
Insurance advice please?

You won't like this; neither did I when my insurance company told me this many years ago.

This is a "No claims bonus" not a "No blame bonus" As a consequence any claim made against your insurance whether it is your fault or not counts as a claim.

It hurts, its not fair, and you could kick someone - but am afraid its the truth.

Norman of Normanandsue

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
This is true Norman, but when your own insurer actually recovers the dosh from the other party or his insurer, they should not reduce your NCD.

If they do - perhaps it is why they were the cheapest quote you got at renewal!!!

The moral to this story is - P L E A S E always read the small print and the teeny tiny print, before you sign up for anything.

OP
OP
dshague

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
sedge you were spot on .phoned my insurance company today .they were treating it as a fault claim .got a call back this afternoon saying now a none fault and my excess cheque in the post ,there new price renewal to follow .thanks :Smile:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
I spent 40 years in the insurance industry - and never ever dealt with private motor.

However, the same thing happened to us after we got knocked orf our exactly one week old Triumph Trophy motorbike taking it back for its first service (600 miles but it had more on the clock after a whole week, LOL)

Shocking service from Bennetts and the NU - I would have got 'instantly dismissed' for being as rude as both of them were to me on the phone!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back