Installing additional solar - DIY? (1 Viewer)

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
The ratings vs size in your table pretty well agree with VWP. Who have probably worked out that quoting insulation diameter is irrelevant :). Especially as they sell thin wall cable too. I've made all my cable purchases either from VWP or from eBay suppliers after using VWP sizing table. Apart from that your table proves you are correct - where did it come from?

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
The ratings vs size in your table pretty well agree with VWP. Who have probably worked out that quoting insulation diameter is irrelevant :). Especially as they sell thin wall cable too. I've made all my cable purchases either from VWP or from eBay suppliers after using VWP sizing table. Apart from that your table proves you are correct - where did it come from?
That table came from here. I knew about it after I queried the size of some cable I got off my mate who has a large import/distribion company of auto accessories.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
That table came from here. I knew about it after I queried the size of some cable I got off my mate who has a large import/distribion company of auto accessories.
Obviously necessary to know exactly what you want. The info is there on the VWP website but it never occurred to me to consider insulation diameter other than to always specify thin wall.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back