Installing a Reese 16k hitch!! (1 Viewer)

PreacherNed

Free Member
Aug 21, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
three
Hi all, we've just said a fond farewell to our beloved Swift 590 motorhome and we've bought a Nissan Navara to tow our recently acquired Calder Leisure Extreme 5th wheeler. The pick up has air suspension and electric braking systems installed, and I have all the necessary parts to fit the Reese Hitch. Unfortunately I don't have any instructions on fitting.

Has anybody out there got the necessary instructions, or could tell me where I can get them from?

Grateful for any help you can give us.

Thanks in anticipation.

Preacher Ned:Doh:

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
you would be best to look at this site http://www.reeseprod.com/ which will give you a very good idea on how to fit a fifth wheel coupling and where to fit it - bear in mind they do not do kits for Euro pickups so it is the basic fits all standard kit - it does need to be a very good fit and worth spending time and money getting it correct. If in doubt I would be inclined to speak to Calder for exact info. Feel free to PM me if think I can help although I have never fitted one to a Nav.

jbcampbell

Free Member
Nov 2, 2009
Midlands
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
6 months
Hi all, we've just said a fond farewell to our beloved Swift 590 motorhome and we've bought a Nissan Navara to tow our recently acquired Calder Leisure Extreme 5th wheeler. The pick up has air suspension and electric braking systems installed, and I have all the necessary parts to fit the Reese Hitch. Unfortunately I don't have any instructions on fitting.

Has anybody out there got the necessary instructions, or could tell me where I can get them from?

Grateful for any help you can give us.

Thanks in anticipation.

Preacher Ned:Doh:

Hi Preacher Ned

Did you buy the fifth wheel from Calder? They usually fit the hitch, sort brakes and air suspension as a job lot and also replate the combination to a GTW of 6500kg. I understand that they fit quite a large number of hitches to Navaras, as this seems to be the most commonly used vehicle for their fifth wheels so they certainly have the expertise.
They are most probably at the Caravan show at the NEC in Birmingham this week and as you appear to be based in the West Midlands it could well be worth your while to drop in and ask their advice.

Best wishes

John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

algill

Free Member
Dec 12, 2007
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel
Exp
Since 2007
Hi Preacher Ned

Landy Lover is right - check out the Reese website, they have fitting guides on there. This was what we used when we fitted ours to our L200 3 years ago.

If you have problems finding one let me know and I'll search the office to see if we still have it around.

Good luck with the 5er. :thumb: We still love ours as much as we did 3 years ago.

Gill

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
is yours a sidewinder?

you would be best to look at this site http://www.reeseprod.com/ which will give you a very good idea on how to fit a fifth wheel coupling and where to fit it - bear in mind they do not do kits for Euro pickups so it is the basic fits all standard kit - it does need to be a very good fit and worth spending time and money getting it correct. If in doubt I would be inclined to speak to Calder for exact info. Feel free to PM me if think I can help although I have never fitted one to a Nav.

Hi Bill

I was looking at the 2010 parts book and came across what I think you have on your landrover - it is on page 765 ..a sidewinder? Funny never paid a lot of attention to the 5th wheel parts until after we meet you.

It is amazing what is available from Reece, super glide and Pullrite... even ones that move so you can get better clearance when you turn the 5th wheel. Even ones that come all the way out so you can use the bed for other uses.

Bob

p.s I trust that cheese is keeping well?:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back