Installing a 2nd leisure battery (1 Viewer)

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
Since June 2008
Within the current threads concerning gennies and solar there are quite a few suggestions to install an additional leisure battery.

This sounds like a good idea to me but where do you put it; calm down and only sensible answers please (fat chance I bet)? I don't have any spare room in the battery compartment and both front seats swivel, I don't like the idea of putting it in the rear locker under the bed. So where, in a Majestic 165 is suitable for a 2nd battery?

Thanks.

andy63

Free Member
Jan 19, 2014
south shields
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
since 1990
@steelysteph , if you can be bothered with the inconvenience of removing seats from time to time then under the seats in the plinth is a good place... my van came with the 2 vehicle battery's under the drivers seat and I put two leisure under the passanger.. just check the size that will fit.. I cover mine with a piece of rubber mat before putting seats back.. picture attached....it is tight but works..
ta andy
2012-02-21104043.JPG

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 21, 2013
Isle of Wight
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since Apr 2013
Why don't you like the idea of in the rear locker under the bed. Any gas they might give off is no worse than your own gas emissions and I'm sure far less

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Our current van has 2 leisure batteries under one of the rear lounge/bed settees so there aren't any issues with doing the same - there was one already there when we bought the van (put there by the converter) and we just had another put next to it. Our new van will have 2 leisure batteries under the driver's seat (one there as standard). If you can get them under one of the front cab seats they would be out of the way and not take up any precious storage space.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back