Installer for Solar / Lithium / Rear camera? (1 Viewer)

Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Hi All,

Biting the bullet and going for a solar panel, lithium battery and rear camera. I guess I could research and do it myself but getting older and would prefer to have it done professionally. Live near Shrewsbury, West Midlands but could travel to someone with a campsite. I hear good things about Van Biz but quite a drive, any other recommendations?

Plus any advice on what to avoid / must have etc? Recommendations for work/additions that can be done at the same time? BTB, direct wiring of correct size and a good condition monitor I understand. Planning 100 Ah lithium and 100 W solar - usually do not spend more than 3-4 nights off grid and not heavy elec users. (Current 3 year old 90 Ah lead battery last 2-3 days)

2015 Hymer Exsis i 504.

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Two well known companies for that type of install are VanBitz in Taunton and RoadPro in Daventry.
VanBitz have their own campsite and RoadPro will allow you to stop on their forecourt if you need to stop over.
If they are a long way from home just make it into a bit of a jolly away for a few days………that’s one advantage of having a motorhome.
We have used both companies in the past with very satisfactory jobs done.

Richard.

MichaelT

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 12, 2015
Colchester
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs Esprit I7150 EB
Exp
Since 2016
I just bought a KS Energy battery and in the blurb it says they will fit it for free but they are in the Midlands so not any use for me. any good dealers can fit the rest but you may want to just get it all done in one place. Have seen good things about Road Pro and did have a SP fitted by vanbitz I guess it depends where you are located.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 26, 2015
Ottershaw
Funster No
MH
Hymer S820
Exp
First motorhome May 2021
Vanbitz are very good at electrical work, when i had my alarm system fitted they spotted that my reversing camera had been poorly connected and fixed it for me whilst they were under the dash, make a trip of it, they have a nice campsite and they will give you one night free, also you can get a motorhome fun discount providing you ask for it at the time of booking, this cannot be applied at a later date, so make sure you ask when you book.

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
If you’re restricted on amount of holiday you have I guess you would want local, it’s ok saying stay at places but if it wastes your limited holiday it’s no good.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Dave Newell isn't far from you. We travelled from the showground in Shrewsbury, where we were staying, to have our rear view camera installed a few years ago.

Feb 5, 2020
Crosby
Funster No
MH
Smileo 202
Exp
Was a Newbie but getting the hang of it now.
Rhino Installs up the M6 at Leyland and numerous Cls etc around if you need

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
Seen a few installs by Vanbitz and was very impressed by the tidiness of the wiring and the general install. Also impressed by the tidiness of the alarm install too! Had a quote recently for some work on the new Carthago, just need to save a bit more up🤑🤑 then it’s going in for the whole BLUE treatment😉

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Vanbitz are good.

We had their Strikeback Alarm fitted last Wednesday. Excellent service, and a free night at their Cornish Farm campsite to facilitate an early start on the job the following morning.

We will be returning to have a full solar system fitted.

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Seen a few installs by Vanbitz and was very impressed by the tidiness of the wiring and the general install. Also impressed by the tidiness of the alarm install too! Had a quote recently for some work on the new Carthago, just need to save a bit more up🤑🤑 then it’s going in for the whole BLUE treatment😉
Victron rocks 👍🏻

OP
OP
TeamBandS
Jun 24, 2019
Shrewsbury
Funster No
MH
Hymer 504i A Class
Exp
Since 2016 & 20+ shed dragger
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful. I have contacted VanBiz and as we are retired with no time constraints, we are planning to stay at their site then have a few days shake down in the West Country. Must say Van Biz were super helpful on the phone and offered 3 dates towards the end of October. Will be booking in for solar panel, Lithium battery, rear camera and all the recommended items such as B2B. Anything else that anyone can suggest appreciated.

PS
Having re read my original post, would like to clarify that when I said "I could do the research myself" I was referring to getting the info to install myself and not looking up installers! No one has suggested this but I just wanted to clarify as I always spend some time looking through old posts before posting for advice.

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Thanks for all the replies, really helpful. I have contacted VanBiz and as we are retired with no time constraints, we are planning to stay at their site then have a few days shake down in the West Country. Must say Van Biz were super helpful on the phone and offered 3 dates towards the end of October. Will be booking in for solar panel, Lithium battery, rear camera and all the recommended items such as B2B. Anything else that anyone can suggest appreciated.

PS
Having re read my original post, would like to clarify that when I said "I could do the research myself" I was referring to getting the info to install myself and not looking up installers! No one has suggested this but I just wanted to clarify as I always spend some time looking through old posts before posting for advice.

You could enquire about a really good alarm system while you are there .
I'm told they know all about good ones (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back