LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
Its my long weekend off, so were going away but need a little inspiration please, I thought about going to the Lincoln show, but I need solitude to unwind + good TV to watch the GP, trees with leaves falling would be nice, lots of squirrels/rabbits etc.

No too many people around , (free wine would be a bonus but not essential:Cool:) and around 2 hours drive from Doncaster max

Any ideas ?:Confused:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Its my long weekend off, so were going away but need a little inspiration please, I thought about going to the Lincoln show, but I need solitude to unwind + good TV to watch the GP, trees with leaves falling would be nice, lots of squirrels/rabbits etc.

No too many people around , (free wine would be a bonus but not essential:Cool:) and around 2 hours drive from Doncaster max

Any ideas ?:Confused:

CC site on Kielder.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
Northumberland I think.

yes it is

looks good but its 167 miles form base, a bit too far for the time away, but deffo on the "list" for longer time period away:thumb: for sugestion

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
yes it is

looks good but its 167 miles form base, a bit too far for the time away, but deffo on the "list" for longer time period away:thumb: for sugestion

Yes, make that 3 hours :Smile:

To see this.....

To the front the UK's ( Europe's ? ) biggest man made lake. Behind a fine pine forest.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
probily four on a friday, is there free wine:RollEyes:

OK 4 then. And no free wine, I remember now, I said to 'er indoors, "We're not coming back here again, no free wine".

But it did fit the rest of your requirements :Smile:

Hope/Bamford/Castleton has a lot going for it ( not sure about TV ). Castleton has a CC site and there must be a shed load of small sites as well.

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
OK 4 then. And no free wine, I remember now, I said to 'er indoors, "We're not coming back here again, no free wine".

But it did fit the rest of your requirements :Smile:

Hope/Bamford/Castleton has a lot going for it ( not sure about TV ). Castleton has a CC site and there must be a shed load of small sites as well.

fair enough , it fits, its on the "list":thumb:

OP
OP
Scout

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
after lots of fafing around got booked into ferreymedows, not my 1st chioce but we did want to try it anyway...

gonna have a go at tothers later::bigsmile:

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
No free wine at kielder,but nice site..past hexham,near bellingham...another nice site in north east is clennel hall,not cc site,,lovely pub/hotel for meals on site,plenty hills,,cheviot hills..you will find real northumbrians,not geordies,slightly different dialect..safe on push bikes as off the main road..blooming lovely,only down fall is statics have best pitches.:Sad:......but site is less windy as surrounded by hills..not far from villege of rothbury....Angie.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Sounds like you need a grave yard, no free wine but plenty of free spirits

Been to ferry Meadows, several times, its split in two, the left hand side is for the OAP's and the right for the roudies with Kids:ROFLMAO:

plenty of nice walks to be had, and the park near by is lovely, it as a quiet cafe, and you can take some bread and feed the ducks, theres also plenty of cycle rides too.

W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
Hey blisters,where is ferrymeadows?..got weeks hols when kids are off,hubby parking his truck up for a week if it kills me..not sitting at home with a 12yr old,we'll kill each other.:shout:Angie.

Blisters

Free Member
Apr 2, 2008
Stoke on Trent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
March 2006
Peterborough, caravan club site, if you get really stuck you could go to Scarborough, you can park on marine parade for £6 a day

Last edited:
W

workrestandplay

Deleted User
jesus,scarborough brings back memories,have'nt been there since our honeymoon 20yrs ago,in a fiat 127,with no breaks on it,,and unknown to me a welding glove wrapped aroun the exhaust to silence it,,i only found out about it when we were at the traffic lites and smoke was belching everywhere..If i'd known he was going to be like that 20yrs later i'd of left him at scarborough....aye,those were the days,and i'm still having them.:ROFLMAO:....scarborough it is then.....anyone else going?

2009 dave

Deleted User
Try Silver Birches at Barton on Humber, lovely quite site open all year, with a nice little pub not 5 minutes away. .T.V Reception is not good there, so you would need a good ariel, the wine? well if you can squeeze a bottle out of him let me know
2009dAVE

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back