Inside a Ducato wing mirror! (1 Viewer)

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
For those who wonder what the inside of their mirror might look like!
This is after a close encounter with another MH on a narrower Scottish road.
You can't adjust the tension on the arm to make it stiffer as it is held with spring tension. The mirrors are removeable. It only has one connector. Took me half an hour to swap.... £80 from eBay.
DSC_8907.JPG

Feb 22, 2016
York
Funster No
MH
Bailey 620 Approach
Exp
Since 2015
Would be really useful if you could explain how you removed the mirror. Was this very easy?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Neil Bedwin
Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
On my Swift.....

Remove the door blinds (6 screws).
Pull the plastic trim around the small front door window so that it is loose, It's only held by clips.
Undo the two torx screws thus revealed.
Undo the two torx screws next to the door jamb.
The mirror will now hang by it's cable, or would if it were not for the clever design of the metal fixing post that holds it in place.

To remove the cable lever the mirror/window control pad up and out. Pull off the door speaker cover and unscrew the three screws holding the speaker in place.

You can now unlatch the connector and remove the cable.

It took me about half an hour.

Spawn_e_git

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Burstner Argos 748
Exp
4 years
Could you post the Ebay link please, mines not damaged but moves after driving on motorway for a while due to wind resistance.

I've squeezed the clip up to try and tightening it but it still moves so think a new one is needed.

OP
OP
Neil Bedwin
Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Could you post the Ebay link please, mines not damaged but moves after driving on motorway for a while due to wind resistance.

I've squeezed the clip up to try and tightening it but it still moves so think a new one is needed.

It all depends on what mirror you have.....

Electric, heated, two mirrors or one, one plug or two.....

Plenty of links to search.

Sep 27, 2017
Herts
Funster No
MH
Adria coral 660SL
Exp
2 weeks

I've had the same problem. I advertised on here for the door mount without the mirror, Stuart provided me one for postage costs, I transferred the mirror head from my current one to his door mount, now Sorted.

Perhaps the OP would sell or gift the remains of his make one good opine out of two...

Jan 9, 2017
Harrogate
Funster No
MH
tribute T615
Exp
Since late 2015
A word of warnig for anyone buying a replacement mirror for a Boxer, which I guess I'd the same as for a Ducato.

Last Spring I had the nearside mirror of my new Boxer totally ripped off in Italy by a white van man going in the opposite direction. My mirror had the full works - double electric mirrors, heater and radio aerial. Subsequently, my vehicle repairer was unable to source a replacement since simply quoting the chassis number produced the wrong mirror from a number of Peugeot dealers. The mirrors supplied omitted one or more of the necessary elements or were offside rather than nearside. Even my insurance company - who claimed to have their own parts procurement operation - conceded defeat and simply offered to reimburse me the cost of a mirror instead of having it replaced.

Autosleepers and Marquis were equally unhelpful and suggested that the key to the problem was a tag with a number on it inside the mirror housing. Unfortunately, the housing was ina skip in Tuscany.

Eventually, the repairers ordered just about every possible mirror and cannabilised them to make one mirror with all the right features. I guess that it must have cost about £1000 in total and even now one of the electric mirrors doesn't work properly but I've given up the will to live.

Just hope you never need to replace a mirror like this in it's entirety.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
The Peugeot recommendation is that you replace the torx type bolts with their replacement shear bolt as shown (if you remove the mirror).
20190818_133309.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back