Insect Bite - Lymes Disease - Costa Blanca - Spain (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
A friend visiting us in Javea a couple of weeks ago was bitten.

She has ended up taken to Hospital by ambulance. She has been diagnosed with Lyme disease !

Our house has a lot of trees around it and we do have the garden treated against mosquitos. She could of been bitten whilst out anywhere. I just did not expect it in this region.

Jul 24, 2015
Ramsgate Kent
Funster No
MH
Fiat ducato c class
Exp
5 years
A friend visiting us in Javea a couple of weeks ago was bitten.

She has ended up taken to Hospital by ambulance. She has been diagnosed with Lyme disease !

Our house has a lot of trees around it and we do have the garden treated against mosquitos. She could of been bitten whilst out anywhere. I just did not expect it in this region.
I didn't know there was Lyme disease around there but I have had to remove a few ticks of the dog over the years ,few towns along in Olivia.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I hope it's not Lyme disease - a friend has had it now for 3 years and still is not better. She gets very tired and can't drive far so is selling her van.

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
She’s not going to get better. There is no cure for Lyme disease. Once you have it, you have it.
Not in all cases, I've had Lyme, nearly 30 years ago when not much was known about it in the UK...I was ill, very ill, I lost my job, I couldn't do sport and I was told I could end up depending on others to get about....well if anyone knows me, then this wasn't the case....
My advice to any outdoor visitors, including motorhomers, check for Ticks, and if bitten, remove them, plenty of advice on the Net, keep a check for signs of infection and seek medical assistance if not sure....antibiotics do work.....being aware is the most important advice.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back