pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Right, thanks for that.(y)

It would be great then if you could retract this statement, aimed (loosely) at my previous post......

[QUOTEonly a fool or a tightwad would use cable capable of carrying 200amps+ and not use a fuse.]

I don't consider myself fitting in either category mate, nice if you could acknowledge that. :)[/QUOTE]

Sorry, request denied.
The posted statement was in direct confirmation of Brians post and was a general statement which stands.

No direct reference was made to yourself or any other member.

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp
I don't consider myself fitting in either category mate, nice if you could acknowledge that. :)

Sorry, request denied.
The posted statement was in direct confirmation of Brians post and was a general statement which stands.

[/QUOTE]

Bloody hell i only asked about a fuse size,,,and look at the response,,,,,,guess i better keep my questions to myself,,,,

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Bloody hell i only asked about a fuse size,,,and look at the response,,,,,,guess i better keep my questions to myself,,,,

yeah.. lucky you didn't ask something really technical like UV degradation of tyres or how to use PTFE tape.. :ROFLMAO:

but I know a man who's dad knows.. :LOL:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you're using your inverter to it's full capacity you will need a 200A fuse, but most inverters will allow a surge of up to twice their stated out put so you may find a 300A fuse necessary.

You also need to consider the fuse between your two batteries, if this is only 30A for example it will blow as soon as you use the inverter, effectively meaning you are running the inverter on only one battery. Ideally you need high capacity cables between the batteries as well and a suitable fuse.
My inverter (1.5kw) has a 300A fuse to the inverter and a 150A fuse between the two batteries.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
If you're using your inverter to it's full capacity you will need a 200A fuse, but most inverters will allow a surge of up to twice their stated out put so you may find a 300A fuse necessary.

You also need to consider the fuse between your two batteries, if this is only 30A for example it will blow as soon as you use the inverter, effectively meaning you are running the inverter on only one battery. Ideally you need high capacity cables between the batteries as well and a suitable fuse.
My inverter (1.5kw) has a 300A fuse to the inverter and a 150A fuse between the two batteries.

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Yes but you can delete them if you're quick!

If you have large cable linking the batteries you don't need a fuse between
CA_06291415122208-L.jpg

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972

CA_06291415122208-L.jpg

Probably not if they're next to each other as yours are, mine are a bit further apart. Cable is a couple of feet.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Sorry, request denied.

Only a simple request, however, as you refuse, I can see where your post was aimed. I had you down as a decent and honourable chap as well. o_O

OP
OP
sean n maggie

sean n maggie

Free Member
Apr 29, 2014
leeds
Funster No
MH
autotrail
Exp

CA_06291415122208-L.jpg

have got a 200A fuse coming to go between the battery and the inverter, and will check the link between the batteries,,,can always join with heavy cable like Techno100 shows....

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Sorry, request denied.

Bloody hell i only asked about a fuse size,,,and look at the response,,,,,,guess i better keep my questions to myself,,,,[/QUOTE]

Nooooooo.........you keep asking away.

It was only a difference of opinion between me and tootles which got a little out of hand and no malace or ill feeling was aimed at anyone....including Tootles and i hope we can remain forum friends.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Only a simple request, however, as you refuse, I can see where your post was aimed. I had you down as a decent and honourable chap as well. o_O
I can assure you the post was not aimed at you personally and was a general statement, but i will withdraw it to stop any ill feeling.
My personal opinion on fitting fuses has not changed though.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

CA_06291415122208-L.jpg
In your case, no.
But what if the batteries are some distance apart, there is ALWAYS a possibilty the cables can be damaged no matter how big they are.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I can assure you the post was not aimed at you personally and was a general statement, but i will withdraw it to stop any ill feeling.
My personal opinion on fitting fuses has not changed though.

I respect your personal opinion on fitting fuses 100% John. Thank you.

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
No problem mate....hope i can call you that

Of course, no problems at all. Most stuff I joke about, or let go over my head. (y)(y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back