LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, do you Funsters who visit Morocco get injections to prevent various diseases before you travel, if so, what do you get and how soon before you travel. We are going in May for 8 days only.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
other than general ones nothing needed .
might be wise to have a word with your doctor as to how well you are up on general ones though.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
What's your thinking on General ones, is Hepititas A general in your opinion.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
have a word with your doctor ,they might send you to a special clinic for them . i have lots of every thing even had rabies and yellow fever jabs , mind have toured alot of africa not just morocco.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I had rabies as well

TerryL

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 5, 2010
North East
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
In all seriousness, for only 8 days unless you were really careless you shouldn't need anything - and that includes Hepatitus. We've never bothered, just take normal precautions e.g. only drink bottled water unless it's boiled first. I know other posters may not agree with me but you asked for an opinion - if you're worried go see your doc or don't go.

Frankly, for 8 days it isn't worth paying the ferry fare. You ain't gonna see much - you need 4 weeks min.

No doubt you've been reading the Morocco 2015 thread.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
personally i never buy water its free in morocco why pay for water?
i never used to bother at all but then later while planning a trip around africa and going to some countries there was no choice have jabs or not allowed in .
still have 3 months supply of larriam the maleria drug .
also cholera could be a problem in some countries my doctor gave me a letter saying i was alergic to the drugs as very often the cholera ones caused other probs .
but have a word with your doctor.
i wouldnt go to maroc for less than 90 days its such alot to see, even then you cant see it all.
have a nice time any way . inshallah.

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
In all seriousness, for only 8 days unless you were really careless you shouldn't need anything - and that includes Hepatitus. We've never bothered, just take normal precautions e.g. only drink bottled water unless it's boiled first. I know other posters may not agree with me but you asked for an opinion - if you're worried go see your doc or don't go.

Frankly, for 8 days it isn't worth paying the ferry fare. You ain't gonna see much - you need 4 weeks min.

No doubt you've been reading the Morocco 2015 thread.

Not going with the motorhome, going on an eight day trekking trip in the mountains and so will have to eat and drink what the cooks prepare for us. It's with a reputable company and haven't heard that they lose any of their clients.:)

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Hi, flying to Marrakesh, then being transported to the Atlas/Anti Atlas, starting a 6 day trek with 3 peaks en route, we are on this occasion supported.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Should be superb views.
I think you'll really enjoy it!

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Thanks, just for a change, we thought that someone else could do the planning, plan the route and cook the food, we just walk, climb and take photos. This could be a relaxing trip for us, but we suppose not to everybody's taste, our guide and support team are all Berber locals, the food will be local, could be a good trip.

Busman

Free Member
Jul 25, 2013
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Esterel
Exp
A few years
Andy63 did a organised trek in the Atlas last November, be the man to ask

OP
OP
jumar

jumar

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2012
Spain
Funster No
MH
Hymer Tramp
Exp
Since 1994
Progress made, found a vaccination centre in Palencia,Spain this morning, we are staying there tonight, went and spoke nicely to the Doctor to try and get some jabs in the next couple of days, we have been reading up on the net since initially posting our questions on the web, and together with getting good feedback on this forum we went ahead.
Paperwork done, appointment made, fee paid, and to top it all they were prepared to fit us in before the clinic started, so popped out for coffee, came back, rolled up our sleeves, and wham, we are vaccinated. Hepititus A and Typhoid. Service you couldn't dream of,100%, satisfaction and covered. OK, we know the Spanish system, we appreciate how accommodating they are if approached correctly. Thanks guys in the UK and thanks to our Spanish friends who once again came out tops.

tinkering

Free Member
Feb 25, 2009
dorset
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 1972
If anyone offers you a Camel , make sure you light the end that has the filter tip , other wise they taste awful :)

Have a good holiday

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back