Informal Rally/Get together Portpatrick 28th June>1st July (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Gerry,

Is there still a cancellation available?

If so, can we have their place and give them their deposit back?

Barry

Hi Barry, yes still two cancellations The Happy Hooker and Debs have both had to cancel due to family illness so who ever see this first could do a swap with you.

I’ll contact you later to see if anyone has been in touch

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
Hi Barry, yes still two cancellations The Happy Hooker and Debs have both had to cancel due to family illness so who ever see this first could do a swap with you.

I’ll contact you later to see if anyone has been in touch

Lorraine cancelled before me though Gerry(y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mophead

Free Member
Feb 28, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Citroen based Nu Venture
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi Lorger, I've sent you a message to say I have to cancel due to a family funeral taking place on 1st July.. another spare space then..

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Morning Lorraine,
Thanks for your quick reply. How much do we owe you, and how can we get it to you (bank transfer , PayPal?)
Barry

Jan 2, 2015
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Burstner Solano t725
Exp
since 2014
Hi Barry, yes still two cancellations @The Happy Hooker and Debs have both had to cancel due to family illness so who ever see this first could do a swap with you.

Thanks for that Gerry, just sorted out the deposit with Lorraine The Happy Hooker, who says she will change the name with the Campsite.
Look forward to seeing you all at the weekend.

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Looks like that may be another cancellation, sorry...
I'm happy to pay the full fee even if I don't make it as I wouldn't want the campsite owners to regret having the meet.

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Looks like that may be another cancellation, sorry...
I'm happy to pay the full fee even if I don't make it as I wouldn't want the campsite owners to regret having the meet.
Sorry to hear that Wendy and hopefully you'll be on the mend soon, I'd give the site a call and explain to them I'm sure the'll be fine as these things happen.

• Thanks
Reactions: CWH

CWH

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 29, 2014
UK
Funster No
MH
WildAx PVC
Exp
From November 2013
Sorry to hear that Wendy and hopefully you'll be on the mend soon, I'd give the site a call and explain to them I'm sure the'll be fine as these things happen.
Well definite decision made, I can't risk my sciatica getting so bad again with lots of driving still to do, so I've cancelled with the site. :crying1: Bless 'em, they wouldn't take the balance of the fee.
Have a great time those of you who make it, they said it's a lovely day there today .....

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Since May 05 (Ex Tuggers).
Well definite decision made, I can't risk my sciatica getting so bad again with lots of driving still to do, so I've cancelled with the site. :crying1: Bless 'em, they wouldn't take the balance of the fee.
Have a great time those of you who make it, they said it's a lovely day there today .....
Sorry to hear that Wendy, but as a former sufferer of sciatica, I fully understand. Take care, and look after yourself. :h:

Cheers,

Jock. :)

• Thanks
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp

Sorry to hear that Wendy take care and hopefully we’ll catch up soon.

• Thanks
OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Morning folks not long now until you discover our little gem of a place in SW Scotland, we still have space if anyone would like to join us please let me know as we have a couple of cancellations.

I’ve spoke to the site this morning and they’ve said we’re welcome anytime around 11am onwards on Friday and same for those arriving Thursday.

As I’ve said from the start this is a very relaxed meet with nothing planned apart from good company and sunshine, however I do have some suggestions we could do as a group or as individuals.

The village has a lovely little pitch and putt course so thought a few my like to play around ?.

If you like photography bring your camera as you’ll see some wildlife and whales, seals and dolphins have even been spotted in the area.

Also loads of lovely walks which I can help you with on the day.

Regarding entertainment you can listen to me and Jock singing a proclaimers song or you can go to the following.

2 min walk from the site is http://www.gallowaybarn.co.uk/ you’ll get a lovely pint and bar lunch in here.

In the village you have about 7 pubs/hotels to chose from our favourite is The Crown it’s nothing special but just has a lovely atmosphere, then the Mount Stewart is a 2 min walk up the hill but worth it on a nice day as the views are stunning.

The harbour house has music on this Saturday night and I’m sure the Crown will also, if you want a restaurant then Connors is lovely although I’ve heard since the new owners(Head chef) took over the weighting time can be excessive.

Also a few of us are meeting on Thursday night at Newton Farm or more fondly known as David’s beach so come along if you’re in the area.

If anyone needs to contact me feel free to text or call 07789035189 remember to put your forum name so I know you ?

Looking forward to seeing you all.

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
Regarding entertainment you can listen to me and Jock singing a proclaimers song or you can go to the following.
ON YER BIKE GERRY, especially after the last effort at Chester :doh: however I only had myself to blame, as your Lorraine gave me fair warning. :rofl:

See you tomorrow pal. (y)

Jock. ;)

Rosemary1

Free Member
Jan 23, 2016
Dumfries and Galloway
Funster No
MH
Rapido A class
Exp
1 year
Hi Lorger - all sounds great ?. We love a pub lunch - do you know if any are dog friendly or have a nice outdoor area for those of us with our furry friends?

We are quite a distance from you so will be late afternoon even early evening depending on traffic. See you all tomorrow:giggle:

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Hi Lorger - all sounds great ?. We love a pub lunch - do you know if any are dog friendly or have a nice outdoor area for those of us with our furry friends?

We are quite a distance from you so will be late afternoon even early evening depending on traffic. See you all tomorrow:giggle:

Rosemary all the pubs have outside seating and I’m sure most will allow dogs in, unfortunately we can’t take Toby to the pub as he tends to start a fight after a few beers?? seriously he gets bored easy and starts annoying folk ??

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Lorraine finishes work at 4pm so we’ll be leaving Dumfries just before 5 and heading for Newton Farm.

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Should arrive on site just after lunch and will put up my motorhome fun flag!?? will be sipping cold beer as the first arrive!

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Should arrive on site just after lunch and will put up my motorhome fun flag!?? will be sipping cold beer as the first arrive!

Looks like you’ve a cracking day for it, everyone without hook up is on the tent field I believe and those with hook up just next to it.
See you in the morning

Jan 18, 2016
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 670SLS
Exp
A long time
Motorhome Fun has arrived!!???

JockandRita

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2007
Lincs/Cambs border
Funster No
MH
N+B Flair 8000i
Exp
DavidG58. Many thanks David & Bev (y) for inviting us to join you both at "your beach" ;) a regular spot of yours for near on thirty years. :) The view is stunning, and it's a smashing location.........though not sure I'd want to be down here in the middle of winter. ;)

See you all at Portpatrick. (y)

Jock. :)

OP
OP
lorger

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Morning all,
These have just appeared on the Portpatrick Facebook page and I thought some of you might be interested. If you have FB have a look.
916F2085-8314-4C4B-9ACF-81FE5FC1730D.jpeg
54DCB9A8-EE24-4218-9756-C39EB07BE3D5.jpeg
85B9E270-01BD-49D9-8850-9ADACD0E9B02.jpeg
0CB5F36B-E291-46F7-9095-AF9B55C4F13F.jpeg
8EC36ABE-00A4-4DE8-8A47-3F64983C8A4D.jpeg

CWH Deposit paid Garden tour X 1?
KassBMW Deposit paid
lorger Deposit Paid Garden tour X 2
JockandRita Deposit Paid Garden tour X 2
@DP_JAY Deposit Paid
triclops Deposit Paid
Hyacinth 1 Deposit Paid