Info re Diesel prices Cornwall. (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

I should imagine that it's a common and true belief that here in Cornwall we usually pay a few pence extra for fuel. After all, it's a long way from anywhere where the fuel is refined.

So it gives me great pleasure to inform all Funsters that something wonderful has recently happened at the first available fuel stop in the county after crossing the mighty Tamar on the A38.

At the top of the hill, (after the tunnel,) there are two garages. One's a Texaco on the left of the roundabout and, on the right is a BP. They would seem to be having their own personal fuel price war because they are leaving EVERYONE for miles around for dead.
Currently they are charging 130.9 for diesel which is a good 10p cheaper than they used to charge. The only place cheaper is a Texaco in Mannamead in Plymuff which is 129.9

Hopefully this state of affairs will continue until the season starts with Easter just around the corner.:thumb:

In the same vein can I give a heads up to petrolprices.com. We use it all the time to find out the cheapest fuel in the area where we are touring. It's free to use and anyone heading down here will be able to monitor those garages above by looking under Saltash in the 'Town' section.

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
13 Years, 20 years with a caravan
emmitdb, I filled up with diesel just before I left to go on holiday and at the time Asda Penryn was 134.9 there is also an esso garage in Falmouth that normally matches Asda that was also 134.9 That was on the 7th March.

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
emmitdb, I filled up with diesel just before I left to go on holiday and at the time Asda Penryn was 134.9 there is also an esso garage in Falmouth that normally matches Asda that was also 134.9 That was on the 7th March.

Hi Phil,

That's about the price everywhere down here (excluding the small privateers)
For some reason Texaco have gone cheap:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
There was talk of a supermarket war on petrol prices before I left of around 10p per litre but I don't know if that was just hype.
:wub:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
In Hinckley there is a van rental place and they are selling diesel at 148.9p, so if you hire one of their vans, you have to make sure that its full...

Sep 25, 2012
West Cornwall
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi Shiftzz,
Won,t be hiring a van from them then.:imoutahere:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings All,

Thought I'd like to update you all on this saga.

These two garages (remember, either side of A38 @ Saltash) have now taken their gloves off and it's turned out to be a fight to the death.

This morning (4th April) they were both asking 129.9 for diesel:Eeek:. With Easter just around the corner and the kids off school I thought you'd like to know.:thumb:

OP
OP
Emmit

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Greetings,

Another update re the thread.

The two garages have called a truce to giving us cheap fuel and the above prices are now a thing of the past.
They are charging an unhealthy £137.9 so don't wait until you get down here before filling up.
AFAIK the cheapest good quality fuel in Devon (on the way down) is at Trago Mills, off the Newton Abbot turnoff on the A38 which is currently charging £1.32.9 for Shell and they have Autogas supplied by Flogas on tap at 65.9 per litre.

Regards

MattR

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 18, 2013
Beds
Funster No
MH
Panel van
Exp
Years
Try and avoid filling up in Bedford. Inspite of being so central to middle England, we are frequently paying more than the national average - currently £1.359 :(

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back