SMB

Apr 26, 2013
Spain
Funster No
MH
Coachbuild
Exp
Fulltiming since February 2013
For 'off-road' it looks pretty mean, don't know how hot the cops are home and abroad if you happened to accidentally find yourself 'on-road', we have road legal electric bikes but have never been stopped and I don't know of anyone who has been. The problem of course would be if you are involved in a collision or incident having strayed onto a road and the bike was seized and found to have been used illegally, I'm thinking of that recent case where a man killed a woman pedestrian whilst riding an off-road bike and ended up in jail. Unlikely but it's a personal choice, I find my e-bike does what I want it to (help me get up steep roads I wouldn't manage with a normal mountain bike) and still put in the effort to get a sweat on (y)

The Nomad

Free Member
Aug 24, 2016
Wandering in Europe
Funster No
MH
Overcab
Exp
Many years
Seems pointless, as they are illegal to use in any public place, on any road or cycleway.

Why not just buy a legal ebike and then you don't run the risk of prosecution/seizure and loss of the thing, plus the ocean of grief and court proceedings and costs if you actually injured anyone whilst riding one illegally.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish
Got a legal one and a "illegal' one know the legalization but info on the bike please if possible .
Will stock up on popcorn (y)

Sep 17, 2017
Birmingham, UK
Funster No
MH
A-Class
Exp
If it weren't for the motor and battery, it'd be a £150 bike from Argos. Frame and components are all budget stuff. Suspension is more for show than function. And I'm not sure I'd want to brake that amount of iron, copper and LiPo batteries from 30mph on bottom drawer cable operated discs.

OP
OP
jollyrodger

jollyrodger

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2012
Devon/Cornwall
Funster No
MH
'Obby
Exp
Since 1968'ish

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
They are legal to use providing you register and insure them. Slight problem is our DVLA don't know how to do it.:)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back