Oct 20, 2010
Burry Port South Wales
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2003
Not stayed there.
Very large regimented site with touring pitches intermingled with permanents.
Not close to town, short walk to nearest bus stop €1.50 each way.
Quite a busy club with lots going on, people use it because there is not a lot of choice nearby.
Cheers
Ed

OP
OP
Al-Di

Al-Di

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 15, 2014
prestwich
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil A Class
Exp
since 2013
thanks @Sheddy did try villasol but booked up,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Musicboy

Free Member
Jul 18, 2012
United Kingdom
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7096+
Exp
fulltiming since 2003
I've used the bar several times & had a good look about the site re pitches etc ... Site is sister site of Villasol ...Same company. .
it's a non dog site with good facilities & a very nice enclosed indoor pool ...
A good 40 min + walk to town but only 10/ 15 min walk to entertainment. .
If ya have bikes then very easy ... Villasol is nearer.
Both sites are huge ... I think Villamar pitches are serviced re water. As with all sites best to walk about yo search yre ideal pitch ....
I'm considering trying the site for a month when I arrive 2st December .I e mailed them @ 3 weeks ago & like Villasol they do have spaces now . That could change of course . Ya can book booK but if long term a deposit is required ...
Have a look at their websites ...
I reckon a quiet site unless ya pitched on the road side area bit of road noise , same as Villasol.

Easy reach (on bike ) to Albir too..I will prob go to Villasol first as ya can walk everywhere within 10 mins to local entertainment ....
Good luck ... cheers

Ukbandit

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 8, 2014
Barnsley, UK
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker
Exp
Since 2012
I’ve stayed a few times in my sons Static, very nice site, good club, swimming pool etc. Called in the motorhome but it was very expensive so didn’t bother staying.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
Armanello,arena blanca,benisol,are all acsi,rest unless u have a long stay are expensive,booking a site is ok,if they take booking,but most wont let u book a certain pitch,so if u book and the pitch is no good,you more than likely wont fet your money back,raco,water ,drainage,tv,leci,all on pitch,armanello the same,inc free wifi,villasol only had leci on the pitch wen I stayed there,torreta,no idea,not my taste,villamar,clicky regimental,and to big,benisol,nice site nice restaurant,direct on bus route,arena blanca small site but nearly always packed,hope this helps

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
newbie and learning every day
33.60 euros per night discounts for long stay. Toilet blocks excellent, water, electricity 10A and tv on each plot included in price. Club house extremely noisy. 45 mins walk to Benidorm or 10 mins bus ride (No 10) for 1.50 euro for as far as you wish. Came to see it after seeing it on the TV. Thefts on site not unknown lock, close and chain everything down. Huge number of "permenant" pitches covered with black sheeting. Been there, done that, and no intention of doing it there again.

Pre-booked and paid ten nights, if not pre-paid would have gone elsewhere.

Old town is nice, good walks along the promenade ... Blackpool in the sun. Horses for courses.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
Villamar camping.jpg

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
... Blackpool in the sun.

This is often said but as a northerner I strongly disagree. Blackpool is past it, dead but won't lie down. Benidorm is thriving, beach immaculate and inviting, every facility you want for a good holiday.

The only commonality is hen/stag people but in Benidorm, the area is so big they are not a problem.

Feb 21, 2016
Uk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2017
This is often said but as a northerner I strongly disagree. Blackpool is past it, dead but won't lie down. Benidorm is thriving, beach immaculate and inviting, every facility you want for a good holiday.

The only commonality is hen/stag people but in Benidorm, the area is so big they are not a problem.
Yes,Beni isn’t Blackpool in the sun,any more than Blackpool isn’t Benidorm in the rain.:xgrin:

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
@Figaro, I badly explained, this is my first and last visit, I am neither trying to sell or discourage Villamar just recount my experience, I didn't want to have an opinion based on the comments of others so we came and tried.

There is nothing wrong with Benidorm, if that is what floats your boat, but it is reasonable to try and compare the ambiance of Benidorm with other places. The loud music, the bare chested tattooed males, the fleets of disability carts, the predominance of British bars, cafes and food is in my opinion closer to what one might find in Blackpool as opposed to Bridlingtion. This is not to say it is bad, it is just not our choice and represents a view that others may find helpful, as I stated in post No 9 ... horses for courses.

Thirty minutes bus ride up the coast for 1.50 euros, we found Altea a little further up the coast more to our taste, quieter, calmer with an excellent promenade and restaurants and bars, one can still find the Full English Breakfast (FEB) if required and the beach at Altea is cobbles, gravel, not like the superbly clean fine sand beach that one finds in Benidorm.

@hilldweller I didn't know Blackpool was all but dead, not our cup of tea, have been there many many times in the past and enjoyed previously the christmas lights.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
@hilldweller I didn't know Blackpool was all but dead,.

Just my opinion, I'm sure they disagree. They've banned parking so much I don't even bother riding through these days. But my head sees a run down place past it's sell by date.

Now Southport, 10 miles away, looks cared for. A lovely front well cared for with big parks and loads of good facilities.

We love Altea too. Only downside is walking distance from Cap Blanch.

filopastry

Free Member
Nov 11, 2013
london
Funster No
MH
littleun
Exp
No site will every please everyone, that's what makes life interesting.

The entertainment staff here headed up by Graham "Mr Happy Days" work very hard to ensure there i something on in the clubhouse/bar every day and evening. The bar does have an "feel" of the 1980's workingmens or miners club, a very family and child orientated bar right up to closing around midnight with very attractive prices for a bottle of beer 33cl at 1 euro.

Bus services here are excellent at 1.50 euro up to the terminus at either end. Benidorm ten minutes Altea centre 35 minutes all for 1.50 euro.

Benidorm is in three parts.

East of the old town, playa de Lavante is very noisy with clubs, bars and restaurants mostly offering British food the beach is fine sand cleaned daily, sun loungers and parasols for hire at 4.50e each per day. Huge flocks of mobility scooters can be seen parading or parked outside the bars.

The Old Town with a wonderful church, viewing point and the old narrow streets where one can find both British and Spanish cuisine, a must to visit.

West of the Old Town again superbly clean beaches with the sunloungers and parasols for hire, in two hours only saw two mobility scooters both single seaters. The bars and restaurants are similar prices to the other side but much much quieter. Our opinion i that the east beach is maybe better suited to the younger at heart whilst the west side more for grumpy old gits like me.

There we have it, our view of Benidorm following ten days here and visiting as much as we could. There are cheaper sites than Villamar, but they may not have the organised entertainment of the same level.

As this OP is Camping Villamar, I hope we have given a fair and balanced personal view of what we have found and experienced.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Villajoyosa, a few miles west, quieter and IMV nicer than Beni; (nothing against Beni; just preference, we had a couple of "fly drives" based there, back when,) had a lovely beach front site, back in the late 90`s, we used it, though a bit tight for an R-V!. There was a bus to Beni; if you wanted it we had a car on a trailer back then.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back