Inflating tyres using Rapido Compressor (1 Viewer)

Camdoon

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2012
UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix Supreme
Exp
I have used the compressor which comes with my 8 series van to blow up my tyres. This can only be done from the engine 180w socket. Thinking it would be more practical to use the sockets I have in the boot the plug does not fit standard size sockets and I managed to burst an extension lead (20a) as the plug was slightly too large. The compressor will not fit in the second engine socket in the front of the van. Just wondering if the plug on the compressor is slightly larger or where I am going wrong. The length of the cable allows access to all the tyres so not a major issue just do not like leaving the ignition on for the 10 or so minutes it takes tog et round them all.

Aug 6, 2013
Kendal, Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Le-Voyageur RX958 Pl
Exp
since 1999
I have used the compressor which comes with my 8 series van to blow up my tyres. This can only be done from the engine 180w socket. Thinking it would be more practical to use the sockets I have in the boot the plug does not fit standard size sockets and I managed to burst an extension lead (20a) as the plug was slightly too large. The compressor will not fit in the second engine socket in the front of the van. Just wondering if the plug on the compressor is slightly larger or where I am going wrong. The length of the cable allows access to all the tyres so not a major issue just do not like leaving the ignition on for the 10 or so minutes it takes tog et round them all.
It's not Ignition - it's just the services master switch on a Diesel-engined vehicle so you can leave it on as long as you wish. Incidentally you can also leave it on on petrol-engined vehicles these days because the engine ECU doesn't energise the coil if the engine isn't turning.

Jul 30, 2015
Barnsley, South Yorks
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail, Tracker FB
Exp
45 yrs Tugging
It's a different plug so that you do not burn out the thin wiring used to normal plugs in hab area because of heavy current draw used by compressor.
Cliff

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back