Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Thats lucky as I imagine it will take a bit of time to put anything in with a bike pump.
... I just hope he's got arms like Popeye, if not by the time he's done he will have! :LOL:

OP
OP
Itsmcb
Mar 30, 2019
Cardiff, UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2016
Quick update. As a result of this thread I have been offered and agreed to buy a hardly used Seyvlor Colorado at a reasonable price off another Funster. I am very tempted by one of the Gumotex ones as highly recommended on here, but have decided this will be a good introduction and if it gets more than a couple of outings I will splash out (šŸ˜) and upgrade next year!
Screenshot_20210610-121151.png

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Quick update. As a result of this thread I have been offered and agreed to buy a hardly used Seyvlor Colorado at a reasonable price off another Funster. I am very tempted by one of the Gumotex ones as highly recommended on here, but have decided this will be a good introduction and if it gets more than a couple of outings I will splash out (šŸ˜) and upgrade next year!
View attachment 505432
So thats a Kayak ;) enjoy.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pusscat

Free Member
Jun 16, 2019
Devon UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Rio 320
Exp
Since 2015
Really enjoyable thread to read!

can anyone recommend an inflatable kayak for 2 that can take *ahem* the slightly broader backside? One user is on the heavier side and a little unstable on the feet an in need of something quite stable and easier to get in and out of?

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
Really enjoyable thread to read!

can anyone recommend an inflatable kayak for 2 that can take *ahem* the slightly broader backside? One user is on the heavier side and a little unstable on the feet an in need of something quite stable and easier to get in and out of?
Perhaps a stand up paddle board, but with a seating arrangement like this, https://www.onbuy.com/gb/10ft3m-inf...kcMLx9PjPENOhMZYKwEaAlVuEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
no worries about filling up with water, but have a look for yourself, if possible try before buying.
Mike.

Feb 16, 2020
KT15.
Funster No
MH
Sunlight. T66. 2019.
Exp
Absolute beginners.
View attachment 505432
I think they run pontoons inside a fabric with zip access, so check it's really dry before putting it away into storage, otherwise the black smelly mess that will emerge 6 months later be heart breaking.
Mike

Apr 4, 2020
North west Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
Just one thing that I don't think has been mentioned on here is that if you intend to use the kayaks/canoes in the UK you need a licence from the BCU (assuming it's the same name) as there are very few places which you can legally use without one.
Not on tidal waterways

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Perhaps a stand up paddle board, but with a seating arrangement like this, https://www.onbuy.com/gb/10ft3m-inf...kcMLx9PjPENOhMZYKwEaAlVuEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
no worries about filling up with water, but have a look for yourself, if possible try before buying.
Mike.
They're good when used with a seat - I had a cheapie one to see what it was like as an alternative to an inflatable kayak but the trouble is that you will get a bit wet even if you're careful and IMV they can really only be used in calmer water and warmer weather unless you want to get kitted out with cold water gear. I decided I preferred a kayak as I can use it even when the weather isn't warm and/or the water is cold without freezing to death and there's also no issue with taking the dogs with me either.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back