inflatable canoes/kayaks (1 Viewer)

Mar 21, 2008
poole
Funster No
MH
rapido
Exp
Hi everyone,I`m ken and recently joined,has anyone any experience of inflatable canoe/kayaks, clearly handy and fun to carry in a motorhome.The deflated weight range seems to be between 14 - 25 kgs, however i presume the quality and durability of them will vary.Has any one got any recommendations for a stable jobby for two people?

Last edited:
M

michaelc

Deleted User
In answer

Hi Ken, I have a two plastic kayaks one of which is a plowler 13 foot and the other a malibu two XL both weigh in at around 27kg and I can carry one on the roof of the hymer, Yes I know that the inflatable kayaks cost less, but shop around a bit, I paid only £80 for the malibu from the local free ads.
To get it on the rood I use a roller and pully system which I made up from odd bits from an old shopping trolley.
I have seen lots of the infaltable kayaks on e-bay, sorry don,t know which is best but don,t think I would go out to sea on one.
terry

Peter JohnsCross MH

Funster
Deceased RIP
Jan 5, 2008
East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
Hi everyone,I`m ken and recently joined,has anyone any experience of inflatable canoe/kayaks, clearly handy and fun to carry in a motorhome.The deflated weight range seems to be between 14 - 25 kgs, however i presume the quality and durability of them will vary.Has any one got any recommendations for a stable jobby for two people?

Hi, there are some on our website, but they are for lake and river use only.

Two person De luxe is £109-99 less 5% on line discount and free delivery, search 'kayak'

Have fun with Coleman® 2 person Deluxe open top Kayak

2 PERSON DELUXE OPEN TOP KAYAK

Coleman® 2 person Deluxe Open Top Kayak Person provides recreational fun by the side of a lake or a river. Designed for 2 adults, it features 2 plastic handles for easy transportation, a comfortable inflatable back rest for added support and is delivered with 2 aluminium paddles.

• Capacity: 195 kg, 2 adults
• Outer dimensions (length x width): 390 x 100 cm
• PVC thickness: 0.65 mm
• Dual tracking fins
• Dual cup holders
• Dual paddle locks on each sides
• Two recessed storage compartments with cargo net
• Durable PVC compound
• Number of chambers: 8
• Valves: Boston valve on chambers 7 & 8 Coleman® Double Lock™ valve on chambers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 6
• Plastic handle on front and back
• 2 aluminium paddles included
• Repair kit included

Weight: 10.7 kg
Capacity: 195 kg

Regards

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Don't buy a cheap inflatable, you may as well buy a lilo! Only go for an inflatable if its impossible to carry a regular one, However some pro inflatables are proper canoes in every respect.

We carry a couple of these Link Removed

These weigh 35kg each and two of them are too heavy or bulky for most motorhome roofs. If this is impossible then Sea Eagle inflatables will give a proper canoe a good run for its money and still stash away in a locker. Sea Eagle canoes are superb, people paddle them around the world, they cost but you get what you pay for. The Brit importers do go to the odd motorhome show so you can see them in the flesh.

Sea Eagle 330 Link Removed

theboadacea

Free Member
Oct 1, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Hi

We carry 2 inflatable kayaks (couldn't face having just one - anyone seen the film 'Shallow Hal'?)

They are made by Sevylor and weigh about 16kg each. I wouldn't want to lug them far uninflated as they seem heavier but we did once walk 1/4 mile though a campsite to the beach to launch them, whilst wearing them as hats (sombrero's?) .... was quite amusing, two inverted kayaks, each with a pair of legs sticking out of them underneath must have looked a right sight. Heard quite a lot of laughing but couldn't see much.

When new they cost about £360 each plus oars etc. Sevylor do do a two man version of the same. They are very tough, inner inflatable (removable) pouches etc and we have used them on lakes, rivers and the sea. I think they are white water certified too. If it is a nice summer this year, we plan to train the dogs to sit in them so we can go off exploring. :thumb:

OP
OP
deredversken
Mar 21, 2008
poole
Funster No
MH
rapido
Exp
yes thanks I have been looking at sevylor svx200, sevylor colorado, and sea eagle explorer380.trouble with sea eagle i don`t think you get to see them unless your at a show where they exhibit- because they are a internet based company only, in this country, and we want to be away in the van middle of April, and they weigh about 46lbs which may be a bit of a lump to carry about, so it would be a good idea to try, i think they fold up to a neat package to go into the "garage" tho .oh and the gumotex sunny, but it has carrying capacity of 180kg, and until i slim a bit it just might not have enough in reserve two up .. thanks Ken

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back