Jan 13, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome
Exp
2 years
Hello
Got an iNET box linked to the Truma heating on the new van. When trying to set it up to work on the iPhone, tells me I need a sim card. Any suggestions or advice as to the best card to get.

OP
OP
A

adrkjr

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome
Exp
2 years
Dont think its locked to any network, need a SIM card to be able to control heating remotely from the phone.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
I thought that the SIM card was only required if you wanted to control the heating etc when outside of the van, otherwise you should be able to do it via Bluetooth. Could very well be wrong though as our new van (with Truma) hearing doesn’t arrive till 12th Jan so I can’t confirm this and could well be talking my usual b0ll0cks

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
I thought that the SIM card was only required if you wanted to control the heating etc when outside of the van, otherwise you should be able to do it via Bluetooth. Could very well be wrong though as our new van (with Truma) hearing doesn’t arrive till 12th Jan so I can’t confirm this and could well be talking my usual b0ll0cks

You are indeed correct.

The iNet can be controlled via Bluetooth when within the vehicle or sat just outside but to use it to its full extent, then a SIM card is required. Nothing better than putting the heating on when you’re a mile or two away on a cold winter walk, and getting back to a cosy MH;)

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Ah good news! Both in the controlling by Bluetooth and not talking b0ll0cks. Thanks for clarifying!

Stretto Boy

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 6, 2016
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
our new van (with Truma) hearing doesn’t arrive till 12th Jan

Pardon?

4F35C47D-9220-425D-81E7-BF197CF6CC66.jpeg

:xsmile:

OP
OP
A

adrkjr

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome
Exp
2 years

That was my understanding but running through the set up menu on the phone, unless I enter a phone number from a SIM card, can't complete the set up.

AndyB57

Free Member
Dec 11, 2016
North Yorkshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Consort Kite PVC
Exp
Since 2016
Ah well spotted Stretto Boy - that should of course have read (with Truma HEATING)!!

The dangers of posting after a visit to the pub!

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp
That was my understanding but running through the set up menu on the phone, unless I enter a phone number from a SIM card, can't complete the set up.

For bluetooth function only, you can enter any number to complete the setup:xThumb:

OP
OP
A

adrkjr

Free Member
Jan 13, 2014
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Chausson Welcome
Exp
2 years
Didn't think of that. lol

Got an O2 classic pay as you go sim for £10, as long as it is used for a text or phone call once every 6 months no need to top up regularly. Will try to remember to take it out of the iNet box and put it in a phone to keep it active.

Christoph

Free Member
Apr 9, 2016
Lytham
Funster No
MH
VW California
Exp
Since 2014
You can set it to come on for when you get back from a walk without iNET. Just set the timer before you go out. Works for me.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp

Got an O2 classic pay as you go sim for £10, as long as it is used for a text or phone call once every 6 months no need to top up regularly. Will try to remember to take it out of the iNet box and put it in a phone to keep it active.
Sounds a lot better bet . If its been disconnected through lack of use try a payg 3 sim I think its 180 days before you lose it from non use if you use at least one text each 6 months it lasts until it runs out the sim is free.

Hellski

Free Member
Mar 28, 2016
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto 76 LE
Exp

No need to worry about taking out the sim card;) You can send a request for a status update via text message, the iNet then sends you text confirming status:xThumb:.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back