Free Member
Oct 8, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 starline
Exp
4months
HELP. I have a hymer 640 merc based the left indicator will not work it flashes very fast and makes a clicking sound the hazard lights still work .i have changed the relays clean bulb holders and checked the earth and changed the bulbs .can anyone help please

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
The indicators flash at the speed they do because, partly, of the resistance of the bulbs. If one blows that is why that side flashes quicker.
When you get the quicker click are both front, back and sides if you have them flashing?

OP
OP
Robert cardiff

Robert cardiff

Free Member
Oct 8, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 starline
Exp
4months
I have checked the holders changed the bulbs the hazards flash but the indicators will not flash on their own

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
If all the indicators flash when you use the hazard button but not indicators you will need a wiring diagram.

The hazards could use a common connection to flash all indicators but separate connections to flash individually.

My guess would be indicator relay as you have checked bulbs and holders.

Mar 26, 2018
Ormskilrk
Funster No
MH
Swift Voyager 685FB
Quick google says it could be the hazard switch! A quick cycle on and off several times shakes off the oxidation inside and everything works ok again. Other than that you will need a wiring diag to follow the connectors and see where the power goes.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 16, 2017
Southampton
Funster No
MH
AT tracker 2002
Exp
On n off fer years
I had the exact same fault with a Vauxhall Meriva , took the fuse out of the hazards and then the indicators worked ok.to cut a long story short it was the column switch shorting out due to wear and the relay under the bonnet sitting in a puddle..

OP
OP
Robert cardiff

Robert cardiff

Free Member
Oct 8, 2017
Cardiff
Funster No
MH
Hymer 640 starline
Exp
4months