Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
@Jez and Lin is this the site we had the meet on? The one where dogs ARE allowed.. If not, what was the site please as the above people might find that a good site.

I take it this one isn't York Marina then, we went there last year and ended up disappointed with it.

D

DM14742

Deleted User
@Jez and Lin is this the site we had the meet on? The one where dogs ARE allowed.. If not, what was the site please as the above people might find that a good site.
It's Rufforth Playing Fields Association, a certified site, good bus access into York and pleasant enough albeit just a glorified concrete apron behind the Sports clubhouse. It's on the Wetherby Road at Rufforth about 4 miles west of York.
Contact Sue on 07851262959 for bookings.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DM14742

Deleted User
My tip for York if you are in the C + C Club is the temporary holiday site which runs right through the Summer at York Rugby Club, Shipton Rd. It's only about a mile and a half from town which is accessed by a pleasant walk by the river or by bike.
You will find it in the back section of the monthly Club Magazine in the holiday sites section.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

canopus

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2010
rural Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Carado CV640 Pro
Exp
Since 2010
We were at York Marine this last weekend. IMO it resembled Steptoe's Yard with rubbish and general junk littering the site.

A better site which we've used before is Millbridge Farm, a C&CC site at Naburn. The Selby to York bus stops close to the site and its a short ride into York. Its also adjacent to the Sustrans cycle route 65 which runs from York to Selby.

Dave K

Free Member
Mar 24, 2015
Somerset
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740C
Exp
Since 2013
We were at York Marine this last weekend. IMO it resembled Steptoe's Yard with rubbish and general junk littering the site.

A better site which we've used before is Millbridge Farm, a C&CC site at Naburn. The Selby to York bus stops close to the site and its a short ride into York. Its also adjacent to the Sustrans cycle route 65 which runs from York to Selby.

Sounds like it hasn't changed at the Marina site then, we had the added problem of the sewers overflowing about 10 yards from our pitch, don't think I'd ever go there again

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
I'm getting the same, I think the OP is on Rowntree Park itself and got confused. :LOL:

Edit: I beg the OP's pardon, old thread. :LOL:

Rowntree Park.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back